New Walther

PSP

I suppose I should applaud Walther for trying to market to as many buyers as possible, but the mag release isn't what's wrong with that model.

sigarms228

I dearly love my Walther PPS 9MM. I tried every single stack poly 9MM I could get my hands on and the PPS was easily the best shooting for me. Has a great reputation too as a high quality German made pistol for durability, reliability, and accuracy.

The PPS M2 looks nice and IMO Walther is very smart making a version with the button magazine release for the US market. IMO they will sell a bunch of them. Kygunco has them listed for $409 though out of stock as of now.

Fishbed77

I suppose I should applaud Walther for trying to market to as many buyers as possible, but the mag release isn't what's wrong with that model.

Honestly, there wasn't much of anything wrong with the original PPS, and the mag release re-design is a step backwards (just as it was with the PPQ M2).

doofus47

I do like the PPQ style grip, if only b/c it would integrate better with my P99, but I like the old mag release and I now have enough rounds through the PPS to have broken in the trigger, so... no gain for me.
For new users who have button release mags, it will probably suck them into the Walther orbit.

I don't like push buttons for CC guns. It's too easy to dislodge a magazine while rolling around. I'm glad they are keeping the classic in the line up.

Jagrbomb

I like the way it looks. The grip looks more comfortable to me than the standard PPS. I never liked the grip on the current version.

I've seen some sales on the current PPS online for under $400. Guess that is why - they are discontinuing the old version.

Jagrbomb

Well, they sure are cheap at some places then...

CDNN often has discontinued guns at cheap prices - I think it was there I saw the gun listed at less than $400. So, that was my guess

sigarms228

Yeah. A crazy good buy for a high quality German made pistol. I snatched 9MM one at Grab a Gun for $383 and just love it. :)

Cosmodragoon

I don't like push buttons for CC guns. It's too easy to dislodge a magazine while rolling around. I'm glad they are keeping the classic in the line up.

I actually wish more guns would come out with paddle releases.

dajowi

"A crazy good buy for a high quality German made pistol."

I'm old fashioned. I don't equate "high quality" with plastic pistols...no matter who makes them.:rolleyes:

LockedBreech

"A crazy good buy for a high quality German made pistol."

I'm old fashioned. I don't equate "high quality" with plastic pistols...no matter who makes them.:rolleyes:

In the HK45 era that doesn't make much sense.

Fortunately polys were on the market before I was born so they ARE old fashioned to me.

I will likely stick with my PPS M1. While I do despise the mag release that's literally my only complaint about the gun.

Evil Monkey

I'm old fashioned. I don't equate "high quality" with plastic pistols...no matter who makes them.

yeah sure, because glocks and m&p's are "low" quality pistols right.

go sit in the corner and be quiet. You need to do more reading and less posting.

Ace_Breaker

After my CCP being sent back 3x, their absolute rudeness(depending on who answered), then their sending me a blue gun when I had sent in a stainless(with absolutely no explanation why), no way!! It is going to take something to build my trust.

Worc

Cosmodragoon Wrote:
I actually wish more guns would come out with paddle releases.

Me too! I much prefer this style of magazine release and wish all of my guns had them.

Ace_Breaker Wrote:
After my CCP being sent back 3x, their absolute rudeness(depending on who answered), then their sending me a blue gun when I had sent in a stainless(with absolutely no explanation why), no way!! It is going to take something to build my trust.

The CCP is made by Umarex where the PPS line is made by Walther. While Umarex owns Walther, they are far from the same.