New to reloading

JLC1073

So
How do you handle generic bullets where there is no loading data present other than its 223 at 55grains FMJ?
This is how the company i bought them from listed them.
223 55gr FMJ Version 4 Bullets Seconds

Is it a cup-and-core bullet? If so, for FMJ designs, the tip is usually solid and the base is what is called an exposed base, meaning you can see exposed lead where it was pressed into the bullet. If it is, you can use FMJ data. Just start at the bottom and work up to prevent unwanted surprises. This is easy to do. I usually load just six rounds, one each at max-10%, -8%, -6%,-4%, -2%, and -0%. I load them carefully so the powder falls back over the flash hole of the primer, which produces maximum peak pressure and velocity in a normal load, and fire them in that order, checking each for pressure signs. If there are none, I start trying to discern which load produces the smallest groups and making adjustments as I identify the need for them. If I find a serious pressure sign, I back down 5%.

Some cup and core FMJ bases are formed by different tooling and, therefore, have somewhat different appearances. These are 30 cal, but the open base is apparent in all as will be the case with 22 cal FMJs.

attachment.php

JLC1073

New loads

UncleMike

I load them carefully so the powder falls back over the flash hole of the primer.

Can you clarify this statement? I though all powder did this.

JLC1073

New loading

Uncle Nick

So my other question is the company I bought said bullets said find a chart somewhat comparable to what I have and they listed a few manufactures.

So is that appropriate to do?

So I found a table for a 55 grain Sierra spa that has the H335 powder i have saying min and max load.
The minimum starting at 23.0 grains and the max at 26.0

I have weighed several of the bullets i bought and most are at 55 grains +/- .2

Would that be an appropriate load data table for the generic bullets i bought?
If not could you recommend one to start on?

cdoc42

You'll need to get into further detail on this as you gain experience, but for a start, follow Uncle Nick's advice to begin at 23.0 gr. He suggested 10% from max, which would be 23.4gr, so 23.0 is even safer. You'll need to seat those bullets so use the overall length listed in the table that you have. You'll be measuring from the base of the case to the tip of the bullet. Load 3 to 5 and increase as directed by UNick until you reach max of 26.0gr.
Watch for pressure signs between rounds. If you see any or think you see any, don't shoot those rounds that contain a higher load.
Once you feel comfortable with this, you'll get into procedures that let you discover how each bullet, even of the same weight but different manufacturer, fits in YOUR gun without being pushed against the lands which would raise pressure.
I would recommend that you search for a copy of a book by John Wooters; I started with his book over 40 years ago and it answered all the questions that I had.