New to reloading...Lee Kit?

Lunicy

i started with lee gear. Nothing the matter with it. Be forewarned, you will eventually want to upgrade. I went with dillon. Pricey, but fast and accurate.

aerod1

I have a "Lee Reloader" single stage "C" press (less than $25.00) and a "Lee Classic Cast Turret" press. Both have been flawless in their performance. I also have the Lee scale which gets a lot of complaints. Mine works great and I don't see what all the flak is about.
My LCT looks like CrustFN's except I don't have the nice billiard ball on the handle:mad: Mine has the original ugly wooden knob:( Some people just pi$$ me off;).:D

DEDON45

They work fine as starter kits... as another guy said, at some point you'll probably want to upgrade... but the old press would still be good to keep around for grunt work...

I started with a Lee Loader (yes, the old hammer / mallet required version), went to a Lee Challenger (single stage) press and Lee powder measure (all while I was a teenager living at home; my Stepdad got tired of hearing me beating on the Lee Loader all hours of the evening in the garage) .... moved out, and 12 years later I've gotten back into it (factory ammo was getting EXPENSIVE!!!), this time with decidedly nicer equipment of my own (Hornady LnL AP Progressive and one of their Classic single stage presses -- I guess I had to keep it all Red like the Lee stuff) ... and I do like it better than the old or current Lee stuff... but I have them (Lee) to thank for making it affordable for me to get into it all those years ago... So I say go for it, just know it can be an addiction, and you will find yourself perusing Midway USA catalogs all the time, and wondering about what rifle to buy to go with the set of dies you just bought 'cause they were on sale... Welcome to the Addiction (and you thought guns were an addiction).

Oh, and do check out some of the online shops... I like to buy a lot of stuff at Grafs.com ... 4.50 shipping on entire orders (except haz-mat type stuff)... and good prices. Might save you some dough.

SDC

You probably won't even need a tumbler until you get into some heavy production (until then, you can just wipe the cases with a cloth as you inspect them; most pistol cases barely even need that, unless they're loaded HOT); other than what comes in the kit, you need components (brass, bullets, primers, and powder) but those components depend on each other. A powder that is fine for one bullet weight may not be safe for another bullet weight, so it's best to choose a specific load that you want out of the manual, then follow that "recipe".

mkl

If i get this kit what else will in need besides a tumbler, manual, and dies?

I'd suggest you get a 6-inch caliper so you can measure case length on your rifle brass. You will need to trim them back after they get beyond maximum length per SAAMI specs.

The cheaper digital ones work just fine with the exception of battery life (about 6 months on mine). The dial gage ones never need a battery but are somewhat harder to read.