New Smith & Wesson M&P9 Shield 2.0 On The Way

otasan

This is from Brownell's description:

"The Shield 2.0 with an aggressive Grip texture for enhanced control, new crisp 2.0 trigger with a lighter trigger pull, and a tactile and audible trigger reset with an extremely thin profile & lightweight make it an excellent choice for carry. This gun can be disassembled without depressing the trigger using the M&P’s patented take-down lever design. Comes with 3-dot sight for fast target acquisition. Striker fired design ensures positive function and a consistent trigger pull."

Time to start selling those $250 Shields you bought to pick up the new one.:D
Sounds like a good CCW pistol.

racedawg

Other words they just applied the shield 45.features..you can get with or without laser...

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

dsk

Meh, I like the texture on the original and if I want a better trigger I'll pick up an Apex trigger.

I do have to agree with this, at least the first part. As much as I like the aggressive grip texture on my new 2.0 Compact, I think it's a little too rough and "sticky" for a gun meant for deep concealment under a t-shirt and possibly against bare skin. It literally feels like 80-grit sandpaper.

Siggy-06

I also noticed the Springfield XDM's coming down in price. I'm sure there will be a XDM 2.0 to compete with the new Smiths and Gen 5 Glocks.

Sharkbite

As much as I like the aggressive grip texture on my new 2.0 Compact, I think it's a little too rough and "sticky" for a gun meant for deep concealment under a t-shirt and possibly against bare skin

I’ll agree, out of the box the texture is ROUGH. I think Smith did this on purpose. A LIGHT sanding made my 2.0 compact perfect for CCW and still more texture then the original.

With the way it comes, the end user can leave it sharp or tone it down to his liking. Easy to remove...hard to put back, so go slow and light with the sanding

otasan

I’ll agree, out of the box the texture is ROUGH. I think Smith did this on purpose. A LIGHT sanding made my 2.0 compact perfect for CCW and still more texture then the original.

With the way it comes, the end user can leave it sharp or tone it down to his liking. Easy to remove...hard to put back, so go slow and light with the sanding
Maybe S&W thought that a rough texture would improve the grip?

Sharkbite

I think S&W saw the way a lot of people were doing stippiling work on the poly frames and saw a way to improve their product.

Fishbed77

Maybe S&W thought that a rough texture would improve the grip?

Or they were just succumbing to market pressure that says all pistols now must have increasingly uncomfortable abrasive textures on their grips.

These textures make some sense on duty pistol carried outside the waistband. I'm not convinced that they do on a concealed carry pistol that will be carried under clothing or against skin.

Note that these are my initial thoughts and I have not yet handled a Shield 2.0.

otasan

Or they were just succumbing to market pressure that says all pistols now must have increasingly uncomfortable abrasive textures on their grips.

These textures make some sense on duty pistol carried outside the waistband. I'm not convinced that they do on a concealed carry pistol that will be carried under clothing or against skin.

Note that these are my initial thoughts and I have not yet handled a Shield 2.0.
Understood.