New Smith & Wesson M&P9 Shield 2.0 On The Way

Joe_Pike

This is from Brownell's description:

"The Shield 2.0 with an aggressive Grip texture for enhanced control, new crisp 2.0 trigger with a lighter trigger pull, and a tactile and audible trigger reset with an extremely thin profile & lightweight make it an excellent choice for carry. This gun can be disassembled without depressing the trigger using the M&P’s patented take-down lever design. Comes with 3-dot sight for fast target acquisition. Striker fired design ensures positive function and a consistent trigger pull."

Time to start selling those $250 Shields you bought to pick up the new one.:D

Sharkbite

The fullsize 2.0's have been out for a while. The compact was just released (ive got one on now). The compact is no where near the size of a Shield. It splits the difference between the old compact and the fullsize. EXACTLY the size of a Glock 19.

Opps!!!... just read your post again. The 2.0 SHIELD!!!

racedawg

Same as 45 shield except 9 or 40...same trigger..same grip..same takedown..and groves on front of slide..

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

OhioGuy

Same as 45 shield except 9 or 40...same trigger..same grip..same takedown..and groves on front of slide..

No way! It's totally new and 500% improved! A company wouldn't market something as new if it weren't completely new!!! :)

I'm sure it'll be a nice gun, though.

racedawg

You see...45 is newest..look at them...its already got the 2.0 trigger.

brian33x51

I think quite a few of the 1.0's got the 2.0 trigger, mine included. Won't know for certain until the 2.0's come out though.

racedawg

My 45 is way better than 9 i had...just got the 45 recently..has same look as new ones...the latter one does...now time get good deal on the old model...thinking getting another...if its like the 45 .it be awesome.

O4L

How do you know you have the 2.0 trigger in the 1.0 Shield?

From what I understand it is a bit different design.

And the 2.0 9 and 40 are the same as the 1.0 45???

Last edited:

brian33x51

Okay so can't be if a diff design. The trigger in my shield has a very crisp break and a very clean and auduble reset. I know video reviews of older shields showed a false reset at best. I've seen someone also claim that his new 9mm shield's trigger felt the same as his 45 shield. So only taking wild guesses about how the new manuf shiel trigger seems so different from the older ones.

Fishbed77

Time to start selling those $250 Shields you bought to pick up the new one.

Mine was $215 new from PSA (after rebate). :)

I don't think the new version will offer anything that will offset the difference in price from my rebate gun.

shafter

Price had a lot to do with why I bought my Shield. For the money they're a great little gun. If I want bigger I'll stick with a Glock 19 or 23.

racedawg

Good time to pick up a 1.0 shield...always like my trigger to little heavy...that way no accident s