New shotgun question

onemsumba

My 870 was my dad's and is much older than I am. Its never failed to function properly. Its going hunting with me this weekend. It is 35+ years old.

Driveout02

buyers remorse (maybe)

I have another 3 wks or so to trade up if I feel like it. they had a few Wingmasters there for about a hundred more bucks. would it be worth the extra money, or should I just stick with the Winny?

Driveout02

I traded up to an 870 Wingmaster. It costs more, but I've found if I buy the best I can afford up front, I don't lose money later on by pawning it. Anyone else have this problem??

fxdrider

Not sure about the whole "pawn" thing - I can't bear to give up any of my guns - but I can say thumbs up to the Winchester 1300. I bought mine back in '94 - wood stocks, matte finish, rifled slug tube, impr. cyl. tube from factory. Have added extra-tight turkey tube since then. I have no complaints with it. It has hit everything I've aimed at. It has even proved to be a darn-fine clay-breaker. I thought recoil might be really bad, since it's a pretty light gun - but even full size slugs were no bother. I'm sorry they quit making them. I was hoping to pick up a Hastings rifled barrel for it, but they don't make them any more. It's getting harder and harder to find accessories for it. I suspect gun mfg's are taking lessons from Microsoft. ;)

billindenver

1. Wingmaster 870
2. Browning BPS - Look at the bottom eject though, I tend to hold a shotgun pretty far back on the forearm and my hand covers half of the ejection port when cycling.

Neanderthal

You pretty much described a Rem. 870 Wingmaster perfectly in your explanation of what you're looking for. They sell for about $540.00 where I live, and are worth more. The wood and blueing are beautiful. I advise you to go to your nearest gun store and shoulder one and run the action back and forth a few times. Then buy it. I personally guarantee you that would be one decision you'll never regret. 33 years with mine, and it's still the only pump that interests me.