new Kahr CM9

Dashunde

Kahr does have a machine that racks the slide 1000, the customer!

Comon! Who here doesnt fondle their new gun(s) until the finish is nearly worn off anyway??
Now you just have a good excuse. :D

My only gripe with fooling around with my carry guns is that repeatedly re-chambering a round when I'm done playing smashes the bullet further into the case. :mad:

Last edited:

C0untZer0

this looks like a nice pistol and was a viable option for me. But it looks like they cheaped out in some areas like barrel. standard rifling instead on premium match lothar walther polyoganal bbl

Well the CM9 is considerably less expensive than the PM9. If you want the polygonal barrel you can always buy the PM9.

Everyone I have heard from says the pistols are identical functioning and performance.

KyJim

Well the CM9 is considerably less expensive than the PM9. If you want the polygonal barrel you can always buy the PM9.

Everyone I have heard from says the pistols are identical functioning and performance.
+1

From a three inch barrel, polygonal rifling yields no greater practical accuracy than standard rifling. You might get a tad higher velocity from one but probably nothing significant.

hulley

Instead of cycling the slide manually, can you just lock the slide open for a period of a couple of days? My FNP-40 had a few problems and the guys on the FN forums said to lock the slide open for a week. I did but only for a couple of days and its been smooth sailing ever since. The FN guys even recommend doing that from the get-go.

Dashunde

I've found the polygonal barrels to be much easier to clean than a rifled barrel... they're smooth all over without the sharp corner/edges that accumulates crud.

sludwinjr

cm9 wasnt out yet when i bought my pm9, i probably would have bought the cm9 to save the few bucks. the pm9 is dehorned which i can do myself and just re-blast the stainless, the barrel makes no differance to me, i really like the size of it, its perfect for warm weather carry