new Kahr CM9

franco45

I just got my CM9 Friday. I took it to the range Friday night and put 100 rounds of WWB, 50 rounds of Fiochi fmj. and 25 rounds of Gold Dot jhp downrange. I had 2 failure to feed while shooting the WWB. No problems with the Fiochi or Gold Dot. Kahr does indicate that a 200 round break in period is advised.
I used the 6 round magazine that came with the gun and a 7 round mag from my CW9. Both functioned equally.
I was shooting mainly to break in the gun but was very happy with the accuracy and lack of felt recoil from this little pocket rocket.
I also put 100 rounds of Mini Mags through my new Bersa Firestorm 22. I think I will be very happy with my 2 new handguns. :cool:

C0untZer0

Hey, do you have a way that you can accurately weigh your CM9 empty, wieght the mag also?

There is some debate on how much they wiegh now and if the Kahr site is accurate on their specifications for weight.

C0untZer0

Are you doing the slide-racking thing that's often recomended?

I'm just curious...

It sounds like it's functioning fine, which is good. I just hear on the Kahrtalk forum that they recomend cycling the slide a few hundred times as part of the brek-in process.

franco45

Yes, I have 2 other Kahrs, a CW9 and a CW45. They have very stiff recoil springs. It isn't a problem at the range because the the slide stays open after the last round.
I carry with one in the chamber so it does not present a problem for carry either.

C0untZer0

As soon as I think of manually racking the slide 200 times, I think "I should have a machine do that somehow" and then I think "Dammit - why doesn't Kahr have a machine do that before they ship it out the door." Oh well...

franco45

Second time out with the CM9 today. Another 100 rounds of WWB and about 15 rounds of Magtech JHP. No problems at all. This little guy joins the carry rotation tomorrow. About 275 rounds without a hiccup. This gun is surprisingly accurate and there is very little felt recoil.

KyJim

Sounds like the gun is breaking in. I picked one up today and hope to get some rounds downrange tomorrow. The mag release button on mine is very stiff. I have to either rotate my right hand to get more leverage on the button or use my left hand to fully depress it. I'm wondering if this is normal. How is yours?

franco45

The tolerances are very tight everywhere on my Kahrs. They break in very quickly though and maintain a very solid feel.

vyse.04

Second time out with the CM9 today. Another 100 rounds of WWB and about 15 rounds of Magtech JHP. No problems at all. This little guy joins the carry rotation tomorrow. About 275 rounds without a hiccup. This gun is surprisingly accurate and there is very little felt recoil.

Good to hear everything is working out with the CM9. Have you noticed any extra wear on the frame (under the slide)? I remember reading something that showed pictures of a pretty chewed up frame... I know there are metal inserts as well, really just curious though.

KyJim

I put 100 rounds of FMJ through my CM9 today without any problems. I decided to try some Speer Gold Dots but had two failures to feed in six rounds. I'll wait the full 200 round break-in period and try the Gold Dots again.

C0untZer0

KyJim - are you putting a glove on and cycling the slide over and over?

Well I guess you don't have to put a glove on. If you want to erase fingerprints from ypur thumb and forefinger I guess you wouldn't use a glove, but anyway, have you been cycling the slide over and over?

franco45

In my original post I stated that I had 2 ftf in the first 100 or so rounds. I have had none since. My CW45 also needed the break in but has been flawless for over 500 rounds now. In answer to the wear question I have no wear on the frame under the slide.

laytonj1

have you been cycling the slide over and over?
It has been unnecesary with my Kahrs (PM9 and CW40).
They have been 100% reliable from the first round (knock on wood). The only other semi auto to be 100% from the first round has been my Glocks.
A really nice "extra" has been the exceptional accuracy I'm getting from them.

Jim

sludwinjr

kahrs are usually great guns, glad yours is running fine, usually i just polish my barrels feed ramp and its been smooth sailing from there.....read tons of posts about people sending the guns back to kahr and kahr just polishes the feedramp and it shoots fine after that......you think kahr would also spend the 10 minutes polishing the feedramp before the guns are shipped...

Stringer

this looks like a nice pistol and was a viable option for me. But it looks like they cheaped out in some areas like barrel. standard rifling instead on premium match lothar walther polyoganal bbl

Last edited: