New handgun suggestions please?

CMichael

I have a Glock 19, a Glock 34, a Sig Sauer P220, and a Colt Python.

My birthday is coming up so what should I get next?

Do I get a 1911?

Do you think I should get another gun for carry?

Decisions decisions.

What do you guys suggest?

stokesj19

Sounds like you are missing a 1911. I just bought my first 1911 and shoud get it monday I am so excited. I bought an EMP so it is a 1911 I can carry, but depending on how I like the platform I am already thinking about a TRP

jad0110

Another hole in your collection: a 22 LR of some type. Everyone needs at least one. Semiauto, DA or SA wheel gun.

pythagorean

You're missing a few I'd want:
1. .41 or .44 Magnum
2. Colt SAA
3. .22
4. 1911
5. smaller detective type undercover revolver

MonsterB

You are just getting started my friend:D
You definitely need a 38 sp snubby, a nice 22lr, a 1911, maybe a 41 or 44, and a couple more 357's...
I would start with a Colt Detective Special, or a nice 22, or maybe a Springfield 1911, maybe a Ruger sa revolver in 45 lc, oh hell theres a million ways you could go...just dont get another glock, your Python will be very upset if you do

Any .45

I would go with a 1911, especially if you can find one in you're price range in stainless and without the forward cocking serrations. Maybe a Mil-spec or GI model. Unless you're into the whole forward serrations then I would go with it. Its up to you, but you need to add that JMB design to your collection of semi's.

jad0110

Depends on the snub. Pocket sized guns are a challenge to shoot, though I do better with little 5 shot snubs than tiny pocket autos. Still, I don't shoot my J Frame 642 as well as larger guns. And recoil can be an issue for some once the weight of the gun drops below 18 to 20 oz or so.

OTH, I have a 2" S&W Model 15 6 shot (S&W's medium K Frame) with adjustable sights that is as easy to shoot as well as my 6" S&W Model 14. Though it is no pocket gun (well, maybe a coat pocket). It is a fun one to shoot because recoil is tame, and other folks at the range that don't know better are often stunned to see such a short barrel gun capable of ragged one hole groups at 7 yards (fired double action).

079.jpg

pythagorean

The short barreled revolver of smaller size and weight is not as accurate as most other longer barreled handguns. Up to 15 yards or so they can be accurate in the SA mode.
What makes them desirable to me is the ease of taking them anywhere without being obviously packing. What makes a good carry gun is the ease of carry without feeling compromised.
Most times guns are left at home is because the decision to carry causes more frustration in freedom of movement.
There are small autos one can substitute to overcome this problem. But the revolver is kind of a classic undercover piece and has more reliability.
Yes they are extremely fun to shoot at the ranges they are effective with.

bluetopper

I've had just about all of them and nice 1911's and S&W revolvers are all that really trip my trigger anymore.

Try either, or both.

I found no "pride of ownership" with polymers.

Skans

Why not get something a little more unique. Here are some suggestions:

Polished stainless CZ-75
Sphinx 9mm
Sig X-Five
Rohrbaugh r9
HK P7M8 - or P7M13 or variant.
STI LS-9 (9mm)
Glock 20 (10mm)

buck460XVR

Do you reload? If not, I recommend a good reloading set-up so you can shoot what you have more. If you do, then for sure, you need a 1911.

thump_rrr

There's no other pistol out there that has the triggger feel of a nice 1911.
Virtually no takeup or overtravel.
If there is anything else out there please let me know what it is.

machrism

Agree on either a 1911 or .44 Mag revolver with a decent barrel length. I geuss you are wanting only handguns but a big caliber bolt action rifle is something I think everyone needs at least one of.