New H&K Mark 23 owner! (56k'ers may want to go make a sandwich)

SNoB

I think californa requirs an internal gun lock, or mabey its another state? I dont know, I never use the internal locks on any of my guns.

BDD

Take pride in your MK23

I bought one in 98. I bought the Knight's Armament suppressor in 99. The picture shows the details at 21 feet of the first time I shot it. You can put a dime over the first four holes, but I tanked the 5th shot. I could not believe all the shots were going through the same hole.

It is a wonderful weapon. It is worth every penny. I paid $1850. I have never regretted it since.

Recently, I went shooting with a buddy after a 2 year idle time. He is jetdriver on this forum and he's spoken of it. He mentions that he "outshot" me with his Taurus. He did at close range, but I was juuuust warming up.

At the end of the evening, we put on an 8 inch shoot-n-see target in the center of mass. We moved the target back to 78 feet. I fired 5 rounds. One was in the 7 ring, one in the 9, and three in the 10 touching each other and the x ring.

I love this gun.

Attachments

• mk23edit.jpg
    mk23edit.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 228

mmike87

I've never shot one, but the Mk23 is certainly one of the meanest, coolest looking handguns available, IMO. If it shoots 1/2 as good as it looks, then it should be awesome.

I never seem to find good deals on guns around here no matter how hard I look - so I have just gotten use to paying retail (or retail+ sometimes) but hey, you can't take it with you!

Congrats.

IZinterrogator

I never seem to find good deals on guns around here no matter how hard I look - so I have just gotten use to paying retail (or retail+ sometimes)
Check out Gunbroker. I have found a lot of good deals there. I bought a Sig P239, +shipping, +3% Paypal fee, +transfer fee, for a few dollars less than any dealer's asking price in my area. And the dealer's price was before 8.25% sales tax! :eek:

jetdriver

BDD said:

"Recently, I went shooting with a buddy after a 2 year idle time. He is jetdriver on this forum and he's spoken of it. He mentions that he "outshot" me with his Taurus. He did at close range, but I was juuuust warming up.

At the end of the evening, we put on an 8 inch shoot-n-see target in the center of mass. We moved the target back to 78 feet. I fired 5 rounds. One was in the 7 ring, one in the 9, and three in the 10 touching each other and the x ring."

Dude!?! You forgot to mention that I was shooting one-handed (with my weak hand), behind the back using a mirror, with a patch over my dominant eye!

Sheesh! How about the details bro! :D

Foxy

Thanks guys!

BDD, I think that a suppressor will be my first accessory purchase for it. How do you like the Knight's Armament can?

BDD

When you fire it outside, all you hear is the gun cycle, and then the impact of the target. It sounds like a branch breaking. The first time I fired it, I couldn't believe the suppression. At night, the only flash you see is the spark of the empty brass striking the ejector. There is greatly reduced recoil, so you reaquire the target immediately.

I've never had a jam, no matter how dirty the weapon has been. The suppressor is a little tough to clean, as it has a recoil spring in it. I don't strip it all the way down every time. There are a couple places you must have clean, though.

The KA suppressor ran $1150. Plus the $200 tax stamp. But I'm completely satisfied.

In fact, I've taken a few people to the range who have never fired a gun in their lives. I let them shoot the MK23 with suppressor on first. They aren't shocked by their first experience, especially to a round like the 45. Then I let them shoot it without, and then my Sig P239 9mm. They all have enjoyed themselves. Especially the wife of one of my friends who is scared to death of guns. She did well and really loosened up.

Yes, I have absolutely no complaints about the MK 23 and the KA suppressor.

WillBrayjr

The only complaint I have about the MK23 Socom is the price! I would think about getting one if H&K would bring the price down to where it should be, around $850.00!

As for suppressors, get the KA. If I had a firearm that would except a suppressor I would get one in a heart beat.

Bob Freddy

I also think they are kind of a rich person gun, simply by the fact that they cost so much! However, I am far from a rich person. I'm a grad student; I had Hamburger Helper for dinner, and my 1911 is an Auto-Ordinance . The Mark23 is by far the most expensive and nicest firearm I own. But I thought that if I passed up a deal like this, I'd be regretting it.

I kind of look at the pistol like a Porsche. I know it's something expensive and therefore something out of my reach. So, I've never actually wanted it - I never said, "I'm saving up for a Mark 23!" What if you saw a Porsche for the same price as a Subaru? Even if you weren't thinking about a Porsche, you'd hop on that deal as fast as you could! The same thing happened with this pistol.

Just like with a Porsche vs a Subaru, you are paying for something intangible with the Mark 23. A $28k Subaru WRX STi can outrun a $54k Porsche Boxster, and a $1200 custom 1911 can outshoot a $2400 Mark 23, but there's more there than mere numbers can convey.

That is a great analogy.

BOB

zulustyle

Wow,
You really got the mother of all deals !! I paid $850.00 for a used tactical and thought I did pretty good. I bought mine from a US Marshall who was selling it to have money to purchase a MP5. I also got 3 boxes of ranger law enforcment rounds, three mags, and a Belleni holster. I've taken it to the range a couple of times and am really peased with it. I just wish 45 ammo was'nt so expensive !!! Congrats any way and I hope you enjoy the piece.

qwerty53

interesting...
I just got brand new. Shot few hundred rounds and already have wear on the serial number that is on the barrel. Your serial number is perfect?

C0untZer0

Don't lock this thread!

The whole world should know the awesomeness of the HK Mark 23 !

Even if the thread started 6 years ago. :D

Fishbed77

It's a zombie thread!!!

BRAAAAAINSSSSSS!

Still, if we are going to resurrect a thread, it may as well be one about the awesome Mark 23.

I wonder if Foxy still owns and is still shooting his Mark 23?