New Gun--Suggestions?

chopz

i've had the cz for a couple months now, so i've got about 800 - 1000 round through it, plus maybe a couple hundred dry fires. i'm really happy with the way the trigger has smoothed out. as far as a range report is concerned, i don't consider myself a skillful enough shooter to make any valid judgements.

i'll say this though: any 9mm ammo i've used has worked flawlessly. the .22 kadet has been good with federal lightning, federal gold medal, remington target (with which i believe i shot my best group to date), cci standard velocity and minimags. it doesn't want to feed .22lr blazers though.

TexasFats

Thanks to everybody for their input. I guess that, in the end, I pays my money and makes my choice. I was in Sportsman's Warehouse today, stocking up on ammo, and handled a P226 and a P229. With the prices the same, the 226 might get the nod, but I still want a Browning to match my .40 cal. HP (the nice one with polished blue and walnut grips). A matched pair would be nice. Hammer bite isn't much of a problem for me. After 100 rounds of WWB 180 grain through it Wednesday, there was only a bit of redness, and no soreness, on the web of my hand. But, those SIGs sure did feel good in my hands! I would just buy one of each over the next few months, but I also want to get a Super Blackhawk and a Marlin 1895, in .45-70 to replace the ones I pawned years ago when I needed money for grad school.

Anyway, thanks for the input. By the way, I have thought about a Beretta. I am somewhat partial to Berettas since I blew my vacation money on a 686 Black Onyx in 20 ga. a couple of months ago. And, SW had a CZ75 in stock. I didn't handle it, but I did think about it. Now I have to pick between 4 or 5 choices instead of just two. Oh, well, I'll have some fun at the gun show tomorrow looking at the goodies and thinking about what I am going to do. I'll probably wait until the end of the month when I get my extra pay for teaching one summer school course.