New gun on lay-a-way

Mastrogiacomo

I want to try never to sell another gun. The 442 was the gun shop push that I fell for as a new gun owner, although sometimes I wish I kept it to keep trying but then I got two LTT trigger jobs for my Berettas with the sale. The Brig I loved but couldn't shoot it well and I've already got a range gun in the 686 so sold it and got another type M Beretta. Maybe I should start keeping an inventory....good idea. :p

SouthpawShootr

I use an Excel spreadsheet that someone posted over at Glocktalk. Closely approximates the format for the FFL bound book. Come to think of it. I've got to back that damn thing up. I've had to reformat the hard disk on this computer 3 times.

My big mistakes in selling were:

629 Mountain Revolver (one of the first run 1000)
Beretta 85F (man I loved that one - convinced myself I didn't need a .380 :mad: )
S&W 6904 (totally reliable and very accurate)
Taurus PT99 (the first handgun I bought after turning 21) - I don't miss it too much, I replaced if with a PT99 5 years ago.
AMT Automag II (very impressive firethrower).
S&W M19 2.5" (this one hurt bad).

Not so big mistakes:
Ruger Super Single-Six (couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it)
Golan .40 S&W (interesting gun, but also about the same size as a Sig P226)
CZ100 (never could get used to the trigger, liked just about everything else).
Marlin .22WMR bolt-action (didn't really grab me).
Ruger Vaquero .44 mag (accurate only with fullpower pedal to metal loads and abominable fit and finish).
Even now in making this list, I'm amazed at what I've had.

Mastrogiacomo

By the way, how do you format the inventory sheet on Excel? What does it look like? I used to work in a gun shop but I recall how it was set up. Thanks.

seb5

mastrogiacomo

How do you like your type M's? I bought one for my 13 year old daughter. I was thinking that even if she is not a "gun person" that it is safe, easy to shoot, clean, accurate, and the right size. It's a S.S. model. She seems to do pretty good with it.

For those getting ready to hammer me about the 13 year old, the Beretta lives in the safe and is for the future when she is on her own and a responsible adult. My 15 year old son will get my Italian S.S. 92.

Mastrogiacomo

I think it's a great gift for her and it's a wonderful gun. I have four Berettas but the M is by far my favorite -- obviously I have three. The standard, though I love it, I have to admit is big for my hands but I still use it all the time. The Ms have a special place though as they fit like a glove and are easy to shoot, mild recoil, simple to clean, and accurate. I have two in blue and one in inox. I'm sure you're daughter will love it as much as I do and you couldn't have chosen a better first firearm. :D

Mastrogiacomo

My Dad's friend recently saw his guns. He hid the inox Beretta M from him because the guy always makes a pitch to buy it... ;) But when he saw the Walther P99 and Ruger GP100 that I bought him, he couldn't believe I purchased them for him. I guess he wouldn't mind adopting me to improve his firearm collection.

SouthpawShootr

Let me know if you have any problems. It's an old version of excel, from Office 95 if I'm not mistaken. I think just about everybody else on the planet is running something newer.