new englander t/c

mykeal

Hawken barrels are octagonal; New Englander barrels are round. They do not interchange.

Depending on how bad it is the pitting may be correctable by scouring the bore with rust remover. Get a cleaning jag for a smaller caliber, wrap it with 0000 steel wool and saturate with a good rust remover - naval jelly, kroil, liquid wrench, etc. Scour the bore with several strokes, then coat the bore with the rust remover and let it sit overnight. Repeat the next day, checking frequently for progress.

This won't correct bad pitting but it will clean up the lesser amounts. Minor pitting is not a great concern, but moderate pitting ruins the accuracy of the barrel and can even render it unsafe if it's extreme.

A phone call to Thompson Center's customer support might be in order; they may have spare New Englander barrels.

Pahoo

Sorry about your barresl; Compliments of sulphur and poor maintenance.
As mykeal said, there are ways you can work arouond minor pitting but when you start to cut patches and build up lead, it's too late. Sadly, I too have been there more than once. ... :barf:

It was worth all the time and money to see my son smile and say " dad you are so cool." he wants to go tomorrow. finally we can connect.

Now, This is priceless !!!! .....

Be Safe !!!!

trigger45

barrel recived! perfect just as described. its 2 inches longer. but thats cool. he loves it. and the look on his face was priceless. eastbank is awsome! just gotta wait till payday. low on powder. but thats just fine.

Last edited:

trigger45

gonna shoot both of them tomorrow. my son cant wait. thanks for all the help yall found a box of 19 275gr. maxi balls at the gun shop for $4.95 so he will get to shoot a real .50 bullet.