New Custom 1911 (with a twist)

38splfan

Wow.

WOW.:confused:
Just...WOW.:confused:

I've always thought Gary Reeder's guns were well made and purposeful. That one though I just don't get.

Movie props maybe??Hopefully??

Oh, well. Not my cup of tea, but I'm sure someone will love them.
To each their own then.

KDM

I doubt that gun's a shooter...but if it is, wonder what that spike on the end of the spring guide would do to accuracy. Wouldn't that affect the bullet's trajectory? I know the round wouldn't hit it, but just like a jacked-up crown, I'd expect it to be a detriment to accuracy.

vox rationis

ahem...based on my handle, I feel like I must respond..

I find that pistol to be very offensive, but be that as it may, when all you need is a wooden stake and some holy water out of a super soaker, that pistol is just obnoxious overkill :D

HappyGunner

WOW!! I mean it WOW!!

And just in time for Christmas.:rolleyes: I am betting a few unnamed custom 1911 lovers in this forum are already quickly placing their orders for one.:)

Tom2

I remember seeing the same thing or concept in a custom revolver, I think it was a 2 inch Det. Special, with the special case, bottle of holy water, silver bullets with the face of Dracula on them, etc. Special engraving too. Anyone else remember that one? Was a nice color spread in some mag.

1911 fan

I wouldn't own one. I come from a long line of firearms enthusiasts & cringe at the abuse i would get if my family saw me @ the range with that.:eek:

vox rationis

if you ask me 10mm is a foolish waste...I mean you need silver bullets to kill a Vampire...you'd be better off with a .22 and silver bullets that you can make 5 rounds for every one of those 10mm :D

38splfan

Wild.

I bet Wild's got two behind the counter already.
Probably ordering a custom double shoulder rig with hand tooled floral/garlic cloves on them:D

EDIT: After all, we did just get "30 Days of Night" from up there.

Last edited:

azredhawk44

if you ask me 10mm is a foolish waste...I mean you need silver bullets to kill a Vampire...you'd be better off with a .22 and silver bullets that you can make 5 rounds for every one of those 10mm

No, Vlad, you've got your lore all backwards. Haven't you seen Underworld? Buffy the Vampire Slayer? Bordello of Blood?

Anyone well versed in their vampire lore knows that silver is useless against the spawn of Dracula. It's holy water, sunlight, wooden stakes (or bullets?) and garlic (in the wooden hollowpoint?).

Sheesh. I expected more from you.:rolleyes:;)

dwc1973

i thought silver bullets only worked on werewolves (dang werewolves are everywhere)....that would be like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

tomh1426

"I'll bet a hasty reload is painful."
I was thinking the same thing.
I would be kind of embarrassed to pull it out at the range too
Good thing they only made 5