New Creedmoor load test

kilotanker22

Assuming that the tool will measure CBTO where the bullet meets the diameter of the tool. I just assume that the Sierra has a longer surface at full diameter than the longer more slender Hornady bullet.

The Sierra shoots so damn well, I just want a higher BC for longer shots. I have recently acquired the use of a farm where I can stretch out to 1200 yards.

kilotanker22

I decided to reduce the starting load by 9% I will begin testing at 38 grains of H-4350 increasing by .5 grain increments. So I will test 38, 38.5 and 39 grains of H-4350 this afternoon. With the bullet at the lands. I am hoping to find velocity similar to what I have now while reducing barrel time by moving the bullet closer.

kilotanker22

So far velocity wise
38 grains Avg= 2541
38.5 grains Avg= 2560
39 grains Avg= 2591

All had single digits SD numbers. The 39 grain load had an extreme spread of only 8 FPS.

Letting the barrel cool for awhile before I shoot groups.

Seeing the velocity I am getting here. I plan to load 39.5 grains and 40 grains for the next range trip. Since my top velocity at 39 grains is 150 FPS slower than my previous load

kilotanker22

Coincidentally all of these loads showed vertical stringing at 100 yards. All groups were sub MOA, but where the groups opened were in elevation.

I am gonna guess that if I load. A little hotter that will tighten up.