New ammo packaging?

skizzums

maybe that's why Federal uses those stupid boxes for primers, so people would be less inclined to dump them on the floor.

Snyper

Years later, I still get nightmares about rounding up dropped primers.
Every time I sold a box of primers at the shop, I'd tape up the sides.

If the customer asked me why, I was certain they had never had the pleasure of dropping a box, or having one slide open on it's own

tirod

Working retail much of the last 40 years, I will say that the professional classes have been more trouble with outright theft than the poor.

The poor aren't often in a gun store buying up large boxes of ammo, or pilfering thru them to score a handful of bullets. It takes cash flow with a significant disposable element to blow on toys.

It's not grandma on a SS check, or the young guy from the tire shop down the street shoplifting. It's the leisure class who don't punch the clock with nothing better to do - that's today's firearms customer, who owns more than a few guns, and who rifles thru the ammo shelves.

The poor are too busy at the job they have - or helping other family members get to one. The leisure class takes 2 hour lunches and hits a few gun stores to see what might be fun to buy for the next hunting season.

I sell auto parts and my best customers are poor. They have to fix their own cars and are forced to figure out what parts are actually broken before they buy replacements. The well to do come in, buy a complete brake job, have someone else do the work, then refund all the stuff they left sit in the back of their $55,000 diesel truck for a week in the rain. They buy electronic parts, install them, take them back off, and demand a return - which is contrary to federal law. They buy parts for a race car, break noses off of starters with too much timing advance, and demand a warranty replacement.

I can go on - but I'll defer to one more argument. Who gets brought up on charges while in political office, the poor, or professional? California gun runner, anti gun officeholder caught by the TSA? Not poor.

It's not a homeless guy pushing a shopping cart pilfering ammo. It's the professional classes, salaried employees, and tenured who are simply exercising their privileged status in life.

It very much is known to Loss Prevention. They have the video to prove it. White collar crime easily bests blue collar, what we have is a phenomenon where other white collar professionals keep it under wraps. There is at least two cases of embezzlement annually for every bank robbery. The facts are out there, the problem is being willfully informed of them.

Your suburban neighbors are stealing the ammo, not the young mother with two kids living in a shelter.

dyl

I'd like to avoid this turning into a class war or I can see this thread being closed as it already deviates from the title "new ammo packaging"

No one ever said that it's the homeless or single mothers who steal, a poster stated that people from *all walks of life steal. I think we may never know the true number and whom because not everyone gets caught, and not all stores will invest in and pursue Loss Prevention equally.

If i were to bash any ethnic group it would not be accepted on the forum.
So why generalize the character of any group? It's not good. Aren't there thieves right next to well meaning folk in any occupation? And well meaning folk have lapses in judgement from time to time too no matter their job.

Richer or poorer, we can split hairs all day.
We can call ourselves richer over here because
We have internet.
We have a device to type on.
If not, we have access to both somehow.
We can read and write in English and we're in America :D - the land where they package ammo well. There. I kept it relevant to the thread.