New 92 FS finish

icedog88

Has anyone experienced flaking on their newer model slides? Any other issues with the finish? I love the pistol but the finish seems a bit shoddy or cheap to me.

Don P

To answer your question no I have had no issues with my 92fs finish and I do shoot it in competition.

Marquezj16

No problem with the finish on my made in Italy 92 FS Compact.

I actually wish more of my guns had that same finish.

icedog88

I'll post some pics tonight of some of my issues with the finish. I bought mine NIB last fall. Maybe I'm just missing my military issued steel, blued model :)

Maxdog.VF213

Military issue or not, blued or chrome, If your having "Flaking" on your gun and especially if its that new, I would call Beretta cause that sure isnt right. They are great with customer service in My opinion. I have 5 Different Berettas and none of Mine have ever flaked, faded or anything like that, and My PX4 has had more rounds run through Her then most people have run through their oldest gun thats 5 years old..lol. I am a few blocks from My Clubs range that a buddy owns so I am there at every free min I have..

pgdion

It's not bluing on the 92's, it's Bruniton ... whatever that is. The 92FS has been Bruniton since introduction I think. can't remember if that was new on the 92F or the FS ... started on the F I think.

I have an early 2011 and a 2009. One Italy, one USA made, No issues with the finish on either of them ... actually no issues of any kind with either of them.

Last edited:

Maxdog.VF213

Yea, I would forsure contact Beretta and let em know whats up, or maybe even the store you got it from. They may know something about a possible recall on that particular batch of 92s, maybe some equipment issues there at the factory or something like that..
Is My best advice for ya bro..

icedog88

Bruniton? Sounds like a brand of hair cream :D. As I said, it's the only thing I've had a problem with and after gathering some info (what i am doing right now), I will definitely contact Beretta. Still gonna post those pics tonight.

ClydeFrog

Beretta M9s, 96Ds, 92FSs....

I've owned three Beretta pistols over the years & was issued a M9 9mmNATO in the US Army for approx 24mo.
With a factory made Beretta you may have minor wear or scuffs even with the annodized(check spelling) frame & steel slide/barrel.
My 2 96D .40 sidearms were custom treated with NP3 & Rogard, www.robarguns.com .
My military M9 had many streaks & scuffs from hard use.
If you want to protect or improve your 92FS 9x19mm, I highly suggest having the slide barrel & a few spare mags treated with Bearcoat, NP3+ or Black T.
Bearcoat comes in a few color choices & only takes around 14 business days.
They also plate magazines & offer a warranty.
Robar is a top rated firm and the NP3+ is great but it's not cheap.
Clyde
www.bearcoat.com www.black-t.com

icedog88

IMAG0094 beretta edit.JPG

beretta 2 edit.JPG

beretta 3 edit.JPG

The first one is pretty self explanatory. The second are three bubbles next to the pen tip, kinda looks like Orion's Belt. The last is discoloration in the frame. The first and last happened within the last 2 months. The first was overlooked by me at the time of purchase I imagine. This is kept in the safe with 2 Dri rods. No issues with any other guns in there.

ClydeFrog, thanks for the tip!

hoytinak

I bought a 92A1 back in Oct '10 and the slide had a couple of flake spots just like yours. I never did contact Beretta or the shop where I bought it from (bought it off GunBroker) though as I wasn't too worried about it.

Marquezj16

Beretta Firearms Warranty Information

The Manufacturer warrants that this firearm was manufactured free of defects in material or workmanship; and for a period of one (1) year after date of original purchase, the Manufacturer and/or its local official Distributor/s (as listed here) agree to correct any such defect in this firearm by repair or replacement (at their discretion and, if the firearm is to be replaced, with the same or a comparable quality firearm). The Manufacturer does not warrant the wood (stock and forend), grips or metal finish with respect to finish, matching of pieces, dents, scratches, cut, dings, etc. which are or should be apparent to the purchaser when the product is purchased. It is the customer's responsibility to inspect this particular product prior to purchase to ensure that it is free from defects or damage. This Warranty is effective from the original retail purchase of the firearm only. Beretta assumes no liability for consequential, punitive or other damages (except as set forth herein) related to a warranty claim. A service and/or handling charge may be required for non-warranty repairs.

I was worried about the slide flake unless it flaked off after you purchased it.

icedog88

Yeah, checked that out last night. These issues were not there when I bought it. Minimal use as well, maybe 150 rounds through it since last June. I am bringing it to the original place of purchase today