New 5" Walther PDP is

wild cat mccane

Well hold on. Clearly I know the advantages. Just meaning, the longer barrel is for aided aiming. The flip/rise of a 4" barrel and 5" is pretty subjective for having any difference. A G26 should hit the same as a G34, first shot, with a red dot? Would the average non collector benefit from buying both a Glock 19 and 17 AND adding red dots to both? No. Very common for the G19 to be said to be as accurate as the 17 for many. Point being....

The longer barrel flip can be overcome by weight (X5 adjustable weights, picatinny weights, tungsten guide rod as an example). Say you send your CZ PCR to Primary Machine for a red dot milling. A red dot pcr should hit the same place as a Shadow. (agreed, agreed, you need to spend about 1k in Cajun Works stuff to make the PCR good, but that's a CZ problem).

Just wild thinking, but the red dot is just such an obvious afterthought to it all with massive bulk. I have no idea what it could be, but one could imagine a future where slides have this integrated set up. I guess until then, the perceived best gun in a class is always going to just be better with a red dot. :)

So when Walther adds bulk to their flagship 4" "Compact" and have the same bulk on the 4.5" and 5", just to get a red dot on it? Blah. Blah on you Walther :)

PS. Walther P99 just went up in price this past week. So The PDP was an intro Walther charging more.

Last edited:

sevt_chevelle

Just curious but where do you get this 1k number in parts from CGW as you've thrown it out in other posts as well?

I got 3 PCRs, there's not 1k worth of parts between them and two of them have the top of line pro package.
DA is roughly 6.5
SA is 3.6. One had SA of 1.2 had to call CGW to get some different springs.

One starts to run a shadow 2 vs a pcr, it's not even close red dot or not.

You are right, a red dot equipped pistol will be best in class, the advantages completely outweigh the bulk.

wild cat mccane

One thousand extra dollars, not parts :)

Meaning to get a CZ to have a P99/PQP trigger (with this being a PDP thread where the PDP supposedly has a better trigger):
You have to buy:
-Trigger reduced reach kit,
-DA Stacking kit (apex/CGW),
-Cam issue with new sear cage,
-Short reset spring kit,
blah blah blah.

Even the "ultra lite kit" is accomplished with a Glock #6 spring into the PPQ.

All also available to fix the Shadow 2: https://cajungunworks.com/product-category/shadow-2/

And then you'll have a CZ at the Walther stock level :)

TunnelRat

New 5" Walther PDP is

Still don't want to buy, more so now that I learned the plastic plate holds the extractor in.

But in looking, here is a PDP for sell. However, it has a PPQ slide on it. A stock photo that is trying to make the PDP look better :)

https://www.finfeatherfur.com/walther-pdp-compact-9mm-4-barrel-optics-ready-black-15rd/

The plate doesn’t hold the extractor in. The plate covers a roll pin and the roll pin holds the extractor in. To get to the roll pin you take off the plate. The pistol functions without the plate in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TunnelRat

New 5" Walther PDP is

I based that comment on the fact that you can dry fire the pistol and chamber and extract dummy rounds through it without any issues with the optic plate removed. The extractor also doesn’t simply fall out when the plate is removed. Under live fire it would seem the roll pin can walk out from recoil if an optics plate (whether the cover plate or a dedicated mounting plate) is removed. Per that thread you link the person, by his own admission, had willfully removed the optic plate and was shooting the pistol solely in that configuration. Your initial comment was the plate holds the extractor in. That comment is incomplete because you failed to mention the roll pin. The plate itself is held in place by two torx screws with a number of threads of engagement. Even were I to beat on the plate or try to pry it off the slide I don’t see how it would fall off. If a person was concerned about the screws walking out they could use loctite, but given the number of threads of engagement I don’t believe it would be necessary.

In that same thread is a link to another thread where another owner made the same decision to fire the pistol after willfully removing the optic plate. Some of the responses there seem fairly reasonable to me. Rather than repeat them here I would direct you there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: