• Remington VTR

Votes: 16 15.2%
  • Weatherby Vangaurd sub-moa

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • Other (post why below)

Votes: 27 25.7%

• Total voters

JKump

Looking for a new 308. I have narrowed it down to these rifles. Sako A7, Winchester Model 70 Ultimate shadow, Remington VTR, Weatherby Vangaurd sub-moa. I am going to put a Lepold FX-3 fixed 6x42 on it. It will be used for Deer hunting (100 to 300 yard shots down a power line or over foot plot/fields).
What is your two cents worth on each?

GeauxTide

I've been satisfied with my VTR. Extra sling swivel for tripod and Mark X trigger. Bull barrel stiffness with out the weight.

trex1310

I have a Kimber 84M Longmaster Classic in .308, 24" stainless, fluted
barrel. Match grade chamber. Sub-Moa at 100 yds.

Stock: Material: A-grade walnut
Finish: Hand-rubbed oil
Checkering: Panel, 20 lines-per-inch
Sling swivel studs
Recoil pad: 0.5 inches thick
Steel grip cap
Length of pull (inches): 13.63
Drop at heel (inches): 0.54
Drop at comb (inches): 0.43
Pillar bedding
Glass bedding

Barrel: Material: Stainless Steel
Finish: Satin stainless steel
Contour: Heavy sporter
Length: 24 inches
Twist rate (right hand): 9
Grooves: 6
Fluting
Match grade chamber

Action: Material: Steel
Finish: Matte blue
Front locking repeater
Mauser claw extractor
Magazine capacity: 6
3-position Model 70-type safety

Trigger: Adjustable
Factory setting: 3.5-4 pounds

MSRP: $1255.00

Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Legal Information & Disclaimer About Kimber Contact

Last edited:

JKump

Trex, NICE rifle, you are just showing off. Would love it, But it is slightly more than any of my choices. :mad:

Jack O'Conner

My .308 is carbine length but has taken many animals well beyond 300 yards.

I vote for a TIKKA with walnut stock. Pay a smith to cut and recrown the barrel to 20 inches.

Good hunting scope: Simmons Pro Hunter 2X - 7X.

Jack

JFlongshotfin.jpg

660muley-1.jpg

Cowboy_mo

I love my Weatherby vanguard in 270 win... It has shot great right out of the box.

Since the Howa's and vanguard's are so similar, that 1500 @ $350 sounds like a great buy.

Loader9

My brother bought a Winchester out of a pawn shop in 308. The Shadow model. It came with a cheap POS scope, namely a Tasco 8-40 power. The glass looks like it needs major cleaning and is foggy but the rifle shoots tiny holes at 300 yds with Remington Core Lok factory ammo. I'm a Remington kinda guy but his Winny is a winner.

NWCP

Look at the CZ 550 series. Well made, accurate and priced right. My 550FS in .308 is a great rifle both at the range and in the field.

rezmedic54

I'd go with Savage I have several all shoot sub MOA. They have do this right out the box so for the money I'd have to say they are probably the best bag for your dollar. Almost forgot I have 2 Mod-12's in .308, a Weather Warrior 16 also in .308, and a Stevens Mod-200 in 7 mm Rem. Mag.this one also shoots sub MOA with 5/8 inch groups at 150 yds. So it's your money but here's some more to think about.