Need Help with "One Rifle" Decision

Jeff Thomas

Be careful with putting folding stocks on AK's ... there are some absurd, but potentially very painful legal issues in that area. The beauty of malum prohibitum laws ...

Regards from AZ

huntsman

one rifle

november, I vote for a Marlin 336, I had shotguns and handguns, but I felt the need to own a center fire rifle before y2k. (I live in rual ohio but we can't deer hunt with a rifle) at the time I didn't have a lot of money So I bought a used marlin 336w for less than $200. just before deer season you can buy remington shells for $6.99-7.99 a box(walmart,dunhams) which I think is reasonable for factory ammo and now I have something with a bit more range then a shotgun if I need it.

NapAttack

November, I have to agree with you. Were I restricted to only one rifle it would have to be a Marlin 336 in 30-30. No magazines to lose, rugged, reliable. 30-30 has taken all North American game. No legal issues at all. Ammo is readily available with a variety of loads. Sometimes I think survivalists think too much in military or quasi-military terms.