Need extra mags for Springfield 1911 45

BornFighting88

Tripp Research COBRA mags. Very nice sticks. Reasonably priced, too. I have Chip McCormick Railed Power Mags for mine, and they are nice, too. I like the capacity and reliability, but the followers didn’t tickle me pink like Tripp followers do. So I ordered their followers and replaced the factory followers in my CMC mags. I lose one round of capacity in the CMC’s, but the reliability and function are there. For my carry 1911, I have a Tripp Research COBRA mag that uses their follower, and have a few spares on the way to fill the pockets on my shoulder holster.

Crankylove

I use Wilson mags in my 1911’s.

I’ve had CMC, Shooting star, mecgar, and a few no name mags.

Guns (one Kimber, one Springfield, one Rock Island) run the best with Wilson 47D’s.

emissary1911

I will second the Wilson 47ds!!!
And BTW Springfield 1911s use to come with Metalform mags!
The SS loaded model I bought several years ago, came with 2,and they work great!

L. Boscoe

Ok, so the wilson mags were 4 to 6 week delivery. I cancelled that order and
ordered Tripp. thanks for all the inputs:cool:

L-2

As with Post 21, my main carry mags are also Tripp Research 8-round .45 "Cobra Mags". These mags have a slightly longer body to fit in that 8th round and I like Tripp's hybrid polymer with metal insert (which bears on the slide-stop). The mag springs are also their own chosen for their mag by spring diameter and length (number of coils).

I don't mind the extra mag body length as I've got mag-wells on each of my four 1911s.

If I didn't have the mag-wells, I suppose I wouldn't like the looks of the slightly longer mag bodies. I do also have several Wilson 47D mags, McCormick "Power Mags", and now Springfield-Armory's 7-round full-size mags with removable polymer base pads (probably made by Check-Mate, but come unmarked). If I didn't have mag-wells, I like the looks of these mags with their similar looking base pads.

I've got a lot of mags (~30+ total). It's convenient to show up for a range session with 100+ rounds already loaded into the mags ready-to-go. I suppose I've got enough to show up with 200 rounds pre-loaded, if I really wanted to do so.

OP, you should be pretty well-set with you choosing Tripp mags (I've not used the welded-on base plate versions, btw, but those look good too).