Need all you P22 Owners plz

What was your experience with the Walther P22?

• Positive

Votes: 32 76.2%
  • Negative

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters

Superhouse 15

P22

I have two and I've installed threaded barrels on them for suppressors. Although they are a bit ammo sensitive accuracy-wise, they are a great training pistol for practice to simulate a bigger gun. I shoot them frequently. My girl is getting a pink one and I told her I'd get her a pink suppressor to match it.

BUT...

We also rent them at the range where I work and we have had three fail, two of those blew up. The slides are cast and cracked and fell apart. Now, they are rentals and see a lot more rounds than average. They also get abused when it comes to cleaning (because I'm lazy, mostly:cool:). Smith and Wesson has repaired or replaced them so far. If you plan on occasional shooting they are fine. If you plan to do heavy training and put a lot lot lot of rounds through it, maybe a 22/45 Ruger or something would be better.

tba02

Another +1 from a P22 owner. After running various types of .22 ammo through it I pretty much stick with Remington Golden Bullets and CCI Minimags. It's a cinch to take down and clean, shoots straight and puts a smile on my face every outing. I haven't had any problems with mine.

6x6pinz

P22 has been an exceptional pistol for me. While I have several to choose from the wife and daughter prefer the P22. The fact that they like it and will go out shooting with me if I take it is priceless. They have no interest in any other 22 pistols I own. Regardless of what the pistol is if it gets my girls out with me I will take it.

kalstrand

My P22 had some feed issues when new but after some time it feeds with few hiccups now. I think part of the problem is the magazines. To me the ammo seems to move around in them too much. Escpeically when loading. There have been quite a few times I have had to try to fix a bullet that has ended up pointing down in the magazine until I got about 5 rounds in it.

tokarev762

I bought one a little over a year ago. Never had a problem with it. I have fed it many different brands of .22 ammo without any problems. Good enough for cans and clay's.

That said, it is my least favorite .22 handgun. It' isn't as accurate as any of my others. Could be just me. Never bonded with it, if ya know what I mean. It is one that I would use as a trade at a gunshop sometime. Might give it away as a gift. If you knew me, you'd know that's saying alot about it.