Need a 2-3 inch revolver with 7 or 8 shot cylinder any suggestions??

rem44m

Anyone have experience/suggestions with 7-8 shot revolvers? I'm hoping to find such a beauty at 5 bills or under!

Pics are great if you have them too! :D

Vividia

If you are talking .357, then S&W 627 PC is very nice, 8 shot.

686 Plus is a 7 shot, and 386 Nightguard is also a 7 shot. However, the 386 is the lighter weight scandium frame so it's a little more "brisk" in the hand when shooting .357 loads. Weight vs recoil, the eternal tradeoff.

I have shot all of these and like them, though i would likely not shoot much .357 through teh 386 LOL.

Also, the 686 comes in several flavors which you can compare.

rem44m

"What caliber? How are you planning on using it? Your question is a bit vague."

It would be for concealed carry preferably in 357 mag.

540mope

a used S&W 686+ would be tops on the short list. you'll have to find a real sweet deal on one since you don't want to spend over $500. good luck!!!

ScotchMan

I really like the 386 as well. While I love the idea of a high capacity revolver as the perfect compromise, keep in mind a 7 or 8 shot cylinder is very fat. It'll be harder to conceal than a typical 5 shot snubby.

rem44m

Came across a 686+ in a 2 and 1/2 inch today at my local gun shop and man that thing was sweet! I may be able to pick it up next week after they figure out how much they want to sell it for because it is a used gun they just got in today. I love smiths!

rem44m

"I really like the 386 as well. While I love the idea of a high capacity revolver as the perfect compromise, keep in mind a 7 or 8 shot cylinder is very fat. It'll be harder to conceal than a typical 5 shot snubby."

Scotchman- I agree, but everything is a trade off :) I don't kind packin the extra width! It's worth the extra shots!

Viper225

Rem44
I switch around my carry guns quite a bit. I carry a 3" 625 N Frame, as well as a 2.75" 310 Night Guard airweight N Frame in Lobo Pancake holsters. I really do not have any problem with concealing them. The 310 NG being really lite weight makes for a super carry piece.

You will like the 686+ just fine. One of these days you might even put a little more Long Green together and swap it for a 386. Get a good heavy belt and you should have no problem with carrying it.

Bob

Smith & Wesson 327 Performance Center 8shot .357 Magnum on sale at Buds $993 shipped. OP save up your pennys.

26378.jpg

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_39_73/products_id/26378

Ditto on the 327PC. I love mine. Weighs the same as a Chief's special and a set of service stocks from Smith make it a lot easier to conceal. I shoot .38's (FBI load) in mine so don't need those huge standard grips to soak up recoil. One SERIOUS carry piece. Pricey, but worth it.