My small collection

Don P

Add

What ever your heart desires!!!:D What ever your wallet can afford!!!:D Choose wisely and continue to add to the collection and do your best NOT TO SELL any you have on hand. Like most of us you'll regret selling or trading something down the road, with the possibility of loosing money in the process:cool:

tschmittel

I'm kinda leaning toward a 1911 or a snubby. I would like a g19 too.:D I just started shooting handguns last summer and I am loving it.

saber9

That is a very good collection of handguns you have there. Don't ever make the mistake of selling or trading any of them. They are all keepers.

I think a good addition would be one of the current 1911 types in .45 ACP. Everyone needs at least one 1911.

tplumeri

nice start!
i think you need a 1911 now. theres a colt series 80 commander on sale here
(TFL) for $600+
also think you need a small carry pistol. EMP or PM9 are my favorites.
JMHO
tom

Harry Callahan

There are a number of guns that most serious collectors will tell you are must-haves. To me they are:

Browning HiPower
Colt 1911
Sig
Beretta 92FS
S&W .357 snubbie

Good start and all are attainable for reasonable prices. Add these to your already nice collection and you have the nucleus of a sweet family of shootin' irons!

Webleymkv

Complete your American Manufacturer Collection

Get a Colt

Nickgunphotos005.jpg

Colt Cobra .38 Special

darrentxs

Great start! You have 3 important areas covered. I vote a good pump shotgun should be next.

Perhaps a Remington 870, Mossberg 500, or Winchester 1300.

The snubby is a great idea too IMO. Heck I have plenty of guns and still don't have a snubby. Hmm... you guys may have just cost me some dough! Dangit!:D

Harry Callahan

tschmittel, I see you're in the Chicago area too. Without giving out too much info can you tell me the suburb? If you're close by maybe I could meet you at the range I go to and spray some lead.

Dr_2_B

I'd have to agree that you need a j-frame for concealed carry unless you aren't interested. 'Course where you live it may not be an option.

tschmittel

I'm on the south side of the city. I shoot at a range in Glenwood. CCW isn't allowed in IL. The snubbies are pretty cool none the less.

hoytinak

CCW isn't allowed in IL.

Then how bout a one way ticket outta there and into America? :D Actually I was gonna suggest a small CCW too till I seen where you was from. So now I'll suggest a decent shotgun or rifle so all your bases are covered. ;)

tschmittel

I purchased an M&P 40 first for an all around gun and for home protection. Next I purchased the 22 for cheap practice and fun. Then I got an itch to get a revolver and put a low bid on the 686 on gunbroker and won. I shot the ruger and the 686 well and the M&P not as good. After a few probs with the M&P I decided to replace it. So I rented an XD and a Glock in 9mm. The nine ammo is cheaper, and out of the M&P, XD, and glock I shot the Glock the best and liked it's trigger the best. I sold the M&P and bought the g17 used.