my pick for 3 rifles if I was forced to choose

eldermike

All good responces so far.

I have an AR, it's a core with the "handle" on it for sights. I also have a great 30 carbine with a folding stock. I did not include these in my thinking because I am trying to stay away from survival thinking. It's become almost impossible not to think in terms of survival these days; but I thought it might be fun to harken back to the days when a great hunting rifle was everyones prized possession.

So I picked my three based upon a dream where there is no one coming for my guns and I leave my doors unlocked at night because I forgot where I put the key.......(I did live like that for many years)

Just for fun.

j3ffr0

1) Ruger 10/22 Takedown
2) Marlin 1894c (in .357 magnum with stainless barrel)
3) Something in .308. Maybe Ruger Gunsite Scout

The Great Mahoo

Hmm, that would be a hard choice, indeed! Can I just tape a bunch of them together to pass as 1 gun?

If push came to shove:
1. Bolt-action .22 (though if I get around to picking up a good lever-.22, that would be it)
2. Either my AR or mini 14
3. Close call between my 1895 45-70 and my bolt-action .308. Probably the 45-70.

2ndtimer

Wow, just 3, assuming for hunting only. Would have to opt for:
Winchester Model 70 Ultimate Shadow in .270WSM
Remington 700 SPS Varmint in .223 Rem
Savage Model 93R17 TR in .17HMR

Of course, I would still keep my S&W M&P 15-22 and M&P 15 Sport, right? Otherwise, I might have to rethink my "varmint options".

hdbiker

three guns I'd keep

Rem 7600 in 30-06,you can get ammo anywhere.Titka T-3 Hunter in .243 Win.you can get ammo anywhere,Ruger 10-22,you can get ammo anywhere.All equpted with good glass. biker

L_Killkenny

I wasn't forced to choose I did in voluntarily, and it wasn't 3 it was 2:

- Homebrew 10/22 with a 16.5" GM sporter barrel.
- Homebrew Savage 110, .243 with an 18.5" McGowan sporter barrel.

Done.

boattale

3 for anything and everything:

1. Stainless 77/22 in .22 WMR. It will do everything .22LR will and more. The reverse is not true.

2. Stainless tang safety M77 in .30-06. The reasoning there should be obvious.

3. Stainless 700 in .375 H&H. For anything that the .30-06 is a little light in the loafers for comfort on. You know, brown bears and cape buffalo and the like.

dalegribble

i would be lucky to be able to choose 3 in 1 caliber or 3 of one brand or 3 in one action style but i guess thats why i bought them all.

Deja vu

I all ready only have 3 Calibers so I guess that works for me.

1. 22LR for small game
2. 357 magnum Carbine for Small game up to Deer (yes I use it frequently on Idaho mule deer)
3. 45-70. For tings bigger than deer.

Where I live its very dense forest. A long shot is 75 yards.

Topcoat

1. Ruger 10/22 Takedown
2. Rock River Predator Pursuit
3. 1954 Winchester Model 70 30-06

Or maybe CZ 452 American in .22LR, or maybe Winchester Model 100 in .243, or maybe...

eldermike

It's still amazing that the 30-06 still holds its place in all-a-round best choice if I could only have a few rifles, or even one.

It was not in my choices considering three but if it was only two I could have my three choices change to 22LR bolt action and a 30-06 model 700.