my new tiny piece - THAT I call a pocket gun

weblance

simonrichter said:
you don't have a side-by-side pic for comparison by chance? Even though one can look up the specs, it's always more significant to have a visual comparison...

No... but give me until Saturday, and I will post one.

simonrichter

How does it shoot? Reliable?

Didn't put to many rounds down the range so far, but the few I did (mostly cheap Federal stuff) worked out well, w/o any misfires. The fine thing is that you can also fire underpowered ammunition in one-shot-mode, simpy ejecting and reloading via the tip-up barrel (you need a short rod since there is no ejector, though)

bikerbill

Had one of the older PT-25s, sold it only because I was downsizing the number of calibers I was shelving ... wish I had it back, it was fun to shoot, pretty accurate and very reliable ... .25s may not be as cheap as .22s, but I much prefer the reliability of a centerfire cartridge ... used to use it for dog walks and trips to my small town center; it's been replaced in my pocket by an NAA Pug; much more confidence in the newer .22Mag SD rounds than I ever was in whatever they make for the .25 ... yeah, I know I criticized the rimfire .22LR, but I've never had a .22Mag fail to fire, compared with a bunch of .22LRs in a variety of semiautos, including an old Ruger and my current Smith 22a ...

spanishjames

I've got some pics of the blued PLY and 21A for comparison:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I painted the front sight on the Taurus, crappy job, though it helps. The Beretta has even smaller sights. The Taurus feels bigger in the hand, but they are almost identical in size. The Beretta has more metal vs plastic in the frame/trigger guard areas. I removed the magazine safety on the PLY22 (magazine does not drop free either way), but I wouldn't want to take the grips off again. It was very difficult to remove as it's a one piece grip which locks? into the frame.

Attachments

• IMG_1237.JPG
    IMG_1237.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1245.JPG
    IMG_1245.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1247.JPG
    IMG_1247.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 91

bonefamily

Ha - I just picked up one of the PLY-22's today. Actually put it in layaway. I really like the design of my Beretta 21A so figure another type won't hurt :)