My new Swiss Army Pistol

johnbt

I love helping people spend money on quality merchandise. It's cheap entertainment; for me anyway.

John

AustinTX

Thanks for the help, johnbt. :) Between your photos and the giant thread at Sig Forum, I stood no chance. My illness has triumphed yet again. :D

As of five minutes ago, there are now just two Pistole 49s available at Top Gun Supply. Please, please, please arrive by the weekend!

johnbt

:D

Just think about all that energy you wasted resisting. I do believe you will enjoy it. The P210 shooter I bought a mag from highly recommends the GECO ammo at J&G. He shoots a P210 in the U.S. and in Switzerland fwiw.

When the last two TGS guns sell my checking account will be safe. For awhile.

Time to go back to work, my client is here.

John

P.S. - And post pics when you get it.

AustinTX

Oh, there's absolutely no doubt I'll enjoy it. While I didn't deflower my unfired 210-6 HF, I have put a few dozen rounds through P210s before, and I find shooting a P210 to be pure bliss.

I'm as excited about this gun as I was about picking up my first P210. In some ways I'm more excited, actually, because I feel no inner conflict over my desire to shoot the living hell out of it. :D

Pics will definitely be forthcoming. I'm really hoping it gets here before my FFL leaves town for a gun show on Friday afternoon.

johnbt

It's official, as of TGS' post at 10:08 today there's

"ONE LEFT!"

I wonder, did Tom take a pic of the pallet before he unwrapped the first gun?

johnbt

First he posted there was one lonely gun left from the small pallet he bought. Then, just maybe another one would be available. Now I see he's changed the thread title on sigforum.

"Swiss Army P210's - All sold out"

That was fun, but it wasn't me, I didn't buy a second one.

AustinTX

Got my new Swiss Army Pistole 49 yesterday afternoon -- just a little more than 48 hours after I ordered it.
dancing_banana.gif
Big thumbs up to Tom and Top Gun Supply.

I'm completely blown away by the condition of this gun. You really have to look close to see any finish wear/blemishes in these photos (aside from PW Arms' giant import stamp). There's just the tiniest bit of edge wear at the end of the dustcover, and there's a faint mark from the takedown lever that doesn't fully penetrate the bluing. With serial number A129XXX, it must be pushing 55 years of age. The best part is that it looks even better internally.

DSCN9335-2.jpg

DSCN9338-1.jpg

DSCN9345-1.jpg

Last edited:

AustinTX

That was fun, but it wasn't me, I didn't buy a second one.

It wasn't me either. I'm glad someone bought it, because I might have started having some crazy ideas after the first one arrived.