My New P32 Died!

TBeck

My Guardian functions well with Silvertips. There have only been two malfunctions to date. The last fired case in the magazine stovepiped. Since the gun doesn't have a slide lock it didn't strike me as too much of a problem.

I tried a box of the new .32 Cor-Bon last week. The fifth round in every magazine jammed. I think the slide velocity with the hot Cor-Bon load is too much for the magazine spring to keep up with.

With my Guardian I regularly shoot 2 to 3 inch groups at seven yards using the Silvertips. The gun ia reliable, accurate, and a pleasure to carry. I carry a J-frame .38 from time to time and the Guardian is flatter. In work attire there is far less bulge in the pocket.

johnwill

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dvc:
I examined each one to pick the "best one", and out of the 5, 2 were broken!

Needless to say, I'm no longer interested in the Keltec P32.
[/quote]

You do know that the Keltec P32 doesn't have second strike capability, right? You have to cycle the slide to get it to drop the hammer again. I kinda' doubt they were actually broken...

tatters

I have had zero problems with my P-32. I did have an extractor fail on my P-11.
I am a member of KTOG and am not near as fanatical as some of those other guys there.
Some of them seem to shoot just to see if they will break. I may be jealous 'cause I don't get to shoot much.
Some KelTecs of all calibers have yet to break after thousands of rounds.
Some break after 50 rounds.
Same as lots of other guns, such as the customs. I have heard stories of Glocks
(but not many) having trouble. Kimber, Para,
all of them. I would send my broken gun back to the mfg no matter what the brand, and allow them to make it right.
True, you don't want a carry piece to fail at "crunch time" but how can you say with 100% certainty this will not happen to any given gun or load or anything mechanical for that matter. My opinion is this:
If you have as much trust in your carry gun that you feel comfortable with it, by all means use it. If you don't, sell the sucker off for a different one. Only YOU can make that decision.
As for me, I carry my P-32 all the time, 'cause I broke my right hand(dominant), and the P-11 is too much for my left hand to manage.

------------------
And if you hear from my Louise, won't you tell her I love her so?

Richard

I know that range reports are germaine to another area of this board but here goes. My P32, that started this topic, is winging its way to Florida. I, again, tried to get it to operate 5/31/00 and it is still locked up. The range's sales people and their smith tried to get it to operate and they failed. Therefore, it is aping snow birds and traveling to Florida for repair. Regards, Richard.