My new Glock 20 10mm

Sevens

Oh, I know what's at stake and I've recycled a few pieces myself.

I just cry a little bit when I have to! :(

Very nice gun. You will really enjoy shooting it...that is if you can keep your mind of the fact you are going broke doing it. :D

I have the G29 and it is absolutely awesome. :)

Kurt+P+

PHP:
I always thought the "Dark Side" referred to H&K's.

I seem to remember that Glockeroo dude telling everyone to join the Dark Side. That's why I thought it referred to Glocks. Was I wrong?:eek: Don't know much about H&Ks. I'm sure their just fine.;)

SA2112

My new Glock 29 is one firearm I will never part with.

100% RELIABLE so far after ~900 rounds of mixed factory and handloads.

Extremely accurate... "snappy" (but not "punishing" or "uncontrollable" for a second/third shot followup) recoil with DoubleTap ammo, but its "hot ammo" so what should one expect?

With midloads/downloads , its a very pleasant pistol to fire and still delivers more kinetic energy than a 9mm/.40 S&W/.45 ACP.

To me this seems like the perfect autoloader round.

For those that decry the 10mm as too expensive... reload it for crying out load. Reloading isn't brain surgery... its a very simple process. The 10mm uses the same round as the .40S&W... it's only the case length and primer size that is different.

If nothing else, get a Glock 20 or 29 and obtain a drop-in conversion barrel.

In this situation, you can fire less expensive .40S&W but retain the ability to fire full power 10mm (near 41 Magnum ballistic equalivalent) when you need the kind of power that the 9mm/.40S&W/.45 ACP just can't provide... like as a woods/camp gun when bear, or to a much lesser degree, cougar are a concern.

Unless someone is especially recoil sensitive, the 10mm is good for all situations, both "social" and "woodland".

Obviously I can be called a huge fan of the 10mm, but with reason. Its the cartridge that can do everything, depending on its loading and the willingness of the user to practice a bit.

Long live the 10.

RoscoeC

I have a 29. I like it. I have 4 9mm weapons. Glock 19, Glock 26, FN Hi Power, Taurus 905.

Then I got the 29. Thumper.

As the range officer at my local range put it, "It ain't for the timid."

Col. Jeff Cooper and Chuck Taylor parted ways over the 10mm round and the Glock design. On most things I believe Chuck Taylor to be right. On the 10mm Col. Cooper's vision about the 10mm was right. Chuck Taylor was correct on the Glock platform.

So, the 10mm Glock is the culmination of the thinking of two of the greatest minds in combat hand gunning. One embraced the platform, and one embraced the round. The best of all worlds.