My new Glock 20 10mm

Clevinger

They are awesome guns.

I love how simple they are. No gimmicks...just every time you pull the trigger they go bang, and they last forever.

Congrats on your purchase.

jgcoastie

If you're going to shoot full-power 10mm loads (such as those available from DoubleTap) I would recommend that you get an aftermarket barrel with a tighter chamber, the factory ones are not supported very well. Especially if you're going to be reloading your brass. I picked up an EFK National Match factory replacement off gunbroker for about $160 shipped. Eliminated the noticeable "bulged" cases I recovered after shooting them from the factory Glock barrel.

You made a great purchase, the 10mm and the G20/G20SF are two of the semi-hidden gems in the handgun realm of shooting and personal protection.

Catfishman

JG Coastie, your right. I see a slight bulge in the spent DoubleTap cases. Have you seen this lead to any real problems?

sammy69

I just got my G20SF and could not be happier. After the Ghost Ultimate 3.5 trigger (closer to 5lbs), 10-8 sights and the KKM barrelthe gun is near perfect. The barrel is very easy on brass with no deformed brass. The taarget was shot freehand at 15 yards with my handloads. Not as accurate as my 1911 but very close.
007.jpg

azsixshooter

I just shot a G20 for the first time on Thursday. We weren't shooting anything hot like Doubletap, just some CCI Blazer. I'm not even sure what the bullet weight was or anything. My neighbor brought out a bunch of guns to the range and we had a great time. I found the 10mm to be incredibly fun to shoot. I'm not sure if those Blazers we were shooting would be considered light or medium power for a 10mm, but the fact that I could get those and load up as needed all but sells me on the 10mm. That G20 was quite accurate as well.

Great gun, I wish I had one too!

FALshootist

I call BS on the after market barrel on a G20. This gun was built especially for the norma 10mm which alot hotter than most 10mm you'll see today.

I usually use Winchester 175 gr@1290 fps without any problem. I also use Hornady and double tap usually the 180-200 range bullets (I like large and fast).

Your G20 is fine just the way it is. The only money you need to spend on one is for a holster and maybe night sights.

Enjoy you gun, don't belive errornet BS.

Sevens

I call BS on the after market barrel on a G20. This gun was built especially for the norma 10mm which alot hotter than most 10mm you'll see today.
The Norma 10mm was built to SAAMI spec which is indeed hotter than a lot of what you see from the few big ammo makers, but it was no hotter than what Buffalo Bore, Cor Bon and Double Tap offer right now.

Nobody is saying that the Glock is dangerous or likely to blow up with it's factory OEM barrel. But the argument is that it beats the snot out of your brass... and if you are like most of us, you need and want that brass. And a replacement barrel also gives you conventional rifling.

There might be some people out there who haven't witnessed Glock'd up brass in 10mm. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist and doesn't happen. My 3rd Gen G29 built in October '08 puts smilies on brass with it's Glock barrel.

Call it "errornet" and and an old wives tale if you wish, but it doesn't make it any less true.

Streetking

Streetking

I've been shooting my Glock mdl 20 for almost 20 years. Powerful and accurate. I've been buying the Double Tap ammo for it lately. It's loaded as about as close to the original load that there is out there.

Kurt+P+

I don't have any plans for the time being to pick up a after market barrel for the Glock 20. I'm not reloading my own ammo although I'm fascinated with the idea. Perhaps sometime down the line I'll consider it. I did however order a tungsten guide rod. I know it's probably not needed but I just like the idea of a heavier and a metal made guide rod in the gun. I'm using a stainless steel rod in my Glock 22.

I just received a ammunition reload from Double Tap. I love Double Tap ammo. It's a good value. It comes in boxes of 50 rounds not 20 like some other manufacturers. These 10mm 165 grain Golden Sabers look very wicked indeed! All of the 10mm appears to be cased in nickel and not Brass.
attachment.php

View attachment 44078

Last edited:

jgcoastie

Catfishman :
JG Coastie, your right. I see a slight bulge in the spent DoubleTap cases. Have you seen this lead to any real problems?

Only if you're planning to reload it. Resizing, loading, and shooting these cases with the bulges so close to the head, you're asking for case head separation... Bad juju for you and the gun...

FALshootist :

I usually use Winchester 175 gr@1290 fps without any problem. I also use Hornady and double tap usually the 180-200 range bullets (I like large and fast).

Your G20 is fine just the way it is. The only money you need to spend on one is for a holster and maybe night sights.

Enjoy you gun, don't belive errornet BS.

If I hadn't already smashed the mouths and thrown the cases away I'd post a pic and show you.

I hadn't heard that it was made specifically for the Norma 10mm, thanks for that info, but does that mean it was designed for people to be able to reload the spent brass? If you've ever inspected a hot loaded spent casing fired from a factory Glock barrel, you'd know what I said to be true.

Thanks for trying to steer people wrong with misinformation; I'm sure they appreciate it.

Nobody said that the G20 is unsafe to fire, I suggest that you re-read the post. Here it is again in case you missed it.

If you're going to shoot full-power 10mm loads (such as those available from DoubleTap) I would recommend that you get an aftermarket barrel with a tighter chamber, the factory ones are not supported very well. Especially if you're going to be reloading your brass. I picked up an EFK National Match factory replacement off gunbroker for about $160 shipped. Eliminated the noticeable "bulged" cases I recovered after shooting them from the factory Glock barrel.

Sevens

I just received a ammunition reload from Double Tap.
Not sure if you were simply saying that you replenished your stock "with a reload" or if you are saying that Double Tap is a factory reload producer, just wanted to clarify: Double Tap is all new brass, freshly loaded and new manufactured ammo.

You can buy factory reloads from Georgia Arms.

Anyone remember when Black Hills used to offer 10mm reloads? They haven't in years, but I used to buy them back in the mid-90s.

Kurt+P+

Guess I should have chosen my words more carefully. Meant to say I received a re-supply of ammo from Double Tap. As you said, Double Tap is Brand new brass and is newly produced. They are my favorite online ammo producer.

jgcoastie

Quote:
If I hadn't already smashed the mouths and thrown the cases away
Reading that just shaved two years from my life span.

Why? I know 10mm brass gets kinda scarce at times, but are a handful of more plinking rounds really worth the possibility of ruining your gun and yourself??? When I find empty casings with these bulges, the first thing I do is grab my pliers and chomp down the case mouths...

It just ain't worth the risk to me...