My new BU-BUG photos

SDF880

I have the NAA 22MAG/22LR model and I put oversized rubber grip on it and really like it and the big grip really helps. When not carried somewhere on me as my BU-BUG gun I keep it in an empty eyeglass container and it fits in it just fine.

SDF880

Microgunner

Those are neat little guns and if you you plan to use it as a back up gun the cci stingers are something you should look into.

It's chambered for .22 short only so no Stingers for this one.

ConlawBloganon said:
But we're gonna have to get you some moisturizer for those hands.

LOL! Greased them up this morning.

C0untZer0 said:
Are you sure that gun case is big enough for it?

I guess they didn't want it to get lost in a crack or crevice.

SDF880 said:
I keep it in an empty eyeglass container and it fits in it just fine.

Great idea. Thanks.

Rj1972

2 in 1!

if only there was a S&W revolver with the grip hollowed out for storage of your new NAA. It's a two-fer!

Chesster

I prefer the NAA Mag with LR cylinder combo. For some reason, over the years the 22s has displayed a shorter shelf life than the 22lr counterpart from my experience

blkft1

Let us know how the folding grips work out for you. I've been intrigued by that lil' bugger [NAA .22S] since I first seen them, I wonder how those little 300-500fps Colibri's would work out of it,,,take a small rodent at 10-15'?

Last edited:

8shot357

The .22 short has more penetration out of these very short barrels than the .22 WMR because the short barrel doesn't allow efficient use of the magnum's powder charge. In other words, the magnum produces a huge fireball when fired, a sign of gross inefficiency.

Short has more penetration out of a very short barrel than a 22mag? I know the 22mag losts a lot of energy, but to say it penetrates less, I would need proof, not saying I'd get a 22mag NAA mini. It seems sensless to me.

FYI, I just the got a (7-6-11) NAA mini 22lr. 1 1/8th that seem's to be the most logical choice for me. Got a belt buckle carrier on order. Such a cute little thing.:p

I keep saying I'm gonna get one,,,
Perhaps one in .22 LR instead of .22 Short.

Aarond

Me to, and I finally got the 22lr Wedensday. I've carried it in my shirt pocket a few times. You can't even tell it's there. :D

SHNOMIDO

Ive got one in .22 lr but i havent gotten to shoot it yet. It got all broken and gummed up on the inside the week i bought it. NAA is SUPER COOL about it, 100% guaranteed, ive just had trouble getting around to shipping it to them.

I sort of wanted the short, but i went with the LR for even easier ammo availability, and you can shoot shorts out of it like you would expect. And also, if im ever in a situation where i would have to use it to defend myself, the short is just crossing the line in my mind. the lr is bad enough haha. And ive heard the .22 mag is just a waste of money and energy, just a bunch of burning powder fluming out of the muzzle and no real increase in power.

The short is cute though, but the .22 lr is just as mind bending-ly small unless you have the two side by side.

great collection piece, and seems pretty decent for a "basketball shorts" type of carry piece, or something like a tackle box. I wouldnt use snake shot in that caliber and barrel though, ive heard it wont dent marshmallows... (mild exaggeration)

8shot357

I just took mine out and pointed it at my image in the mirror. That is funny looking. I could imagine pointing it at the BG saying "hold or I'll shoot!" He'd laugh until I shot him, and if he still laughed, I'd run really hard.

Microgunner

With new grips installed

Sure is a whole lot easier to shoot. And it carries like a pocket knife.

NAA-22S006.jpg

NAA-22S005.jpg

03Shadowbob

The .22 short has more penetration out of these very short barrels than the .22 WMR because the short barrel doesn't allow efficient use of the magnum's powder charge. In other words, the magnum produces a huge fireball when fired, a sign of gross inefficiency.
What?
Straight from NAA's page
22mag 1 1/8" barrel:
40gr HP - 827fps average
30gr HP - 1082fps average

22LR 1 1/8" barrel:
most ammos (30gr and up) - 700+ fps

22short 1 1/8" barrel:
Winchester X 29gr ammo 702 fps

I'll take a 1 1/8" 22mag over a 22short any day of the week if I had to use such a gun.

Microgunner

In telephone books our testing shows the .22 short penetrating deeper than the .22 mag because the mag comes apart while the short retains it's weight.

In gelatin it may be a different story but in telephone books the short wins.

None the less, I bought it for it's curiosity factor and the short is easily NAA's most curious firearm IMO.

Last edited: