My new BU-BUG photos

Microgunner

NAA-22 Short. Just came in a couple hours ago. First shot and my thumb came up bleeding. Very sharp edges on that cylinder.

NAA-22S004.jpg

NAA-22S003.jpg

NAA-22S002.jpg

NAA-22S001.jpg

hornetguy

Probably hurt you worse than it did the target..:D

I got to shoot one of those several years ago, in .22 lr. It's difficult to hold those things.

Microgunner

hornetguy said:
I got to shoot one of those several years ago, in .22 lr. It's difficult to hold those things.

It's much smaller than the .22lr version and therefore even more difficult to shoot.

freebird72 said:
Nice gun, it sure is small. How do you plan on carrying it?

I just ordered the folding handle for it which has a pocket clip on it allowing it to be carried like a pocket clip pocket knife. Looks like a pocket knife while carried too. Of course it'll be covered when carried.

aarondhgraham

I need to get one of those,,,

And keep it in the same display box,,,
That I keep my 629 in.

Nice gun, it sure is small. How do you plan on carrying it?

Just a few days ago I saw some pictures of a holster for them,,,
It was a kydex formed holster hanging from a necklace.

Click here please,,,

I keep saying I'm gonna get one,,,
Perhaps one in .22 LR instead of .22 Short.

Aarond

freebird72

It seems like a nice gun to have on your person just in case SHTF.

I know I wouldn't want to be on the other end of it. :eek:

Microgunner

aarondhgraham said:
I keep saying I'm gonna get one,,,

According to NAA the .22short is only made in limited numbers once a year. This makes them rather scarce. I had to wait about 10 months before Ellett Brothers Wholesale got some in. Now they're sold out again.
The larger (and more popular) .22lr are much easier to come by.

Great holster idea. Thanks.

TylerD45ACP

Not at all and it is nice at tiny to keep. It would be a good BU-BUG thats like someone said the total SHTF gun. When your crouched and the BG thinks hes got you cold because your empty. Pop... WRONG! I have 3 guns :D.

a7mmnut

I had one in the LR-put an Uncle Mike's swivel stud through the handles and attached a pocket watch chain just long enough to lower it down my leg.;)

-7-

oneounceload

With open carrying coming into the scene, I wonder how many will go back to using the belt buckle that held those? I remember ordering in a few for folks who used to wear them like that

ScotchMan

Without derailing the whole conversation, are these in any way at all effective against anything other than some exceptionally thin tissue paper?

Microgunner

ScotchMan said:
Without derailing the whole conversation, are these in any way at all effective against anything other than some exceptionally thin tissue paper?

The .22 short has more penetration out of these very short barrels than the .22 WMR because the short barrel doesn't allow efficient use of the magnum's powder charge. In other words, the magnum produces a huge fireball when fired, a sign of gross inefficiency.

bigghoss

I have the mag/lr convertible. yeah you really gotta watch your thumb. that sucker almost cracked my thumbnail.

Microgunner

Webleymkv said:
Just out of curiosity, why did you choose the .22 Short over .22 Long Rifle?

I bought it simply as a curiosity piece, not for serious defense and I find the smallest version the most curious. After all, NAA's claim to fame is small firearms.
Being built on a limited basis it's also one of the hardest to find.
It's just a toy for me.

ThomasT

Don't count the 22 short out. It isn't much but it will kill.

I used to know a woman who spent about 5 years in the pen for loaning a 22 short derringer to another girl.

They both worked in the first girls mothers topless bar. Girl #2 had a problem with a customer. So girl #1 loaned her the little derringer and girl #2 walked up to the customer and shot him dead center in the chest. Killed him grave yard dead right on the spot.

I met the first girl after her stint in jail. I suppose the girl #2 is out by now. This was 25 years ago at least.

I would bet this isn't the only story about the 22 short doing the same thing. The original 22 load was only about as powerful as the 22 short and was a popular defense round.

BBroadside

I always liked the looks of the .22 Short Minis. The cylinders on the bigger (funny word!) NAAs always look oversized relative to the rest of the gun. I mean, who wants to shoot a LONG RIFLE cartridge out of such a little gun?

But seriously, if I get one it will be a .22 LR, with the Black Widow-style grip; may be the 1.6" or 2" barrel. I have heard the BW grip makes it much easier to shoot ... any opinions? I'd use it for cheap shooting fun but also as a BU-BUG. This also means that, loaded with rat shot, I can use it to shoot the kind of creatures that make you say "Bu-bug! Bu-big buuug!!!"

Any other weapons in production chambered in .22 Short only?