My new brasser

long rider

HH when i saw you post that brass remmi,
the first thing that came to mind was, the
captain is going to be all over you on that one:eek:
bring on the fireworks ye ha.:D

Hawg

Fired it today. Just went out back with some Coke cans so no target pics. Loaded up 20 grs. of Pyrodex RS, a wonder wad and a I presume .375 ball. First off the chamber didn't shave much of a ring so I'm thinking gonna need a .380 mold. After loading a few cylinders with that short lever am thinking .375 is just fine.:D Started off at 25 ft. just to get a feel for it and even hit the can once. Recoil was almost non existent and it made a cute lil pop when it went off. I'm not real happy with it at this point. Loaded up 25 grs. and with the wad and ball the ball comes to just below the chamber mouth. Now we have a respectable amount of recoil and a nice boom(tho still kinda hi pitched). Also aforementioned can has six more holes in it now and is several feet further away. One shot went straight thru the bottom and two went thru the top. Hard to believe 5 grs. of powder made that much difference. I'm very happy with it now and while I still prefer a .44 I will be getting a playmate for this one one of these days. Prolly a 51 Navy. First I gotta sneak a .36 mold past the wife. :D

madcratebuilder

Nice looking Remmy. I have a 1858 by Navy Arms with FIE under the loading lever. It has smaller grips than my two Pietta's, it's a nice shooter.

Gbro

My Confederate Colt .44 has the PR on the butt also and I have struggled to find who made it.
I just had it apart for the 1st time yesterday. What a pleasure it was mucking out an open top compared to the Remmy style:).
I can't wait to muck them up again;).