My first SBR!

Theohazard

Thanks Coach! Yeah, I'm already well into the silencer addiction, but this is only my second non-silencer NFA item (my other is an 590A1 AOW). I'm pretty sure it won't be my last SBR...

So a little over a week ago I was looking online to get either an H2 or an H3 buffer to fix my overgassing issues, and I came across Griffin Armament's SOB buffer (stands for Suppressor Optimized Buffer). According to Griffin, it's designed to handle the extra pressure that a silencer puts on a buffer system; it's supposed to cushion the blow better than a regular buffer when the buffer hits the end of the buffer tube. I don't know if that part works or not, but what I like about it is that it weighs a little more than an H2 buffer, but not as much as an H3.

I wanted to get the heaviest buffer that will still allow my LMT to run flawlessly without the silencer, and I know that an H2 will do that. An H3 will work even better when suppressed, but I was worried it wouldn't be 100% reliable when the rifle was shot unsuppressed and really dirty. So the weight of the SOB seems perfect.

So the SOB arrived last week and I tried it out today. Compared to the carbine-weight buffer the recoil is noticeably reduced (no surprise there) and the gas-to-the-face is also reduced (also no surprise). It ran fine even when unsuppressed, so it's definitely not too heavy. The real question is whether its unique design offers any noticeable benefit compared to a regular buffer of similar weight, and that's something I hope to test out thoroughly sometime in the next few weeks.

TMD

Im starting to think that tax stamps are like crack. Try it once and your hooked. I also have another SBR and am about to do a 3rd along with two more cans.