My first Henry.....

SARuger

Yep! Santa(my Fiance) delivered today.

Spent all day with family but I might get to the range tomorrow if the weather clears out. Its rained for 5 days straight here and its warm and muggy, its usually snowing here in the mountains of VA this time of the year

alex0535

Have fun with it. Careful with the magazine tube, took more than a decade but had mine fall and the orange follower broke off. One of my few interactions with Henry customer service, I asked for a new follower to repair it myself and they are just going to send me a new magazine tube.

kcub

Henry's dropped the aperture on the centerfires.
Just an FYI.
Denis

Do you know why?

Have fun with it. Careful with the magazine tube, took more than a decade but had mine fall and the orange follower broke off. One of my few interactions with Henry customer service, I asked for a new follower to repair it myself and they are just going to send me a new magazine tube.

That's a pretty good endorsement if you ask me.

alex0535

Oh yea I've only contacted them twice and both times they were very helpful, top notch customer service and warranty in my experience.

They sell the magazine tubes, and I'm sure there are companies who would told me to spend $20-25 on a new one instead of just shipping me a new one for free because part of it broke after 10 years of use.

Model12Win

Henry has been making guns since their famous 1860 rifle.

They make the best lever action rifles in the world these day methinks. Made in America to, like they've always been.

alex0535

Henry Repeating Arms had nothing to do with the 1860 Henry until they made a modern reproduction of the 1860 Henry.

Not to try and take away from them or their quality, and I'm sure they don't mind people thinking they made the 1860 Henry, but New Haven Arms Company made the original 1860, a company that would later become Winchester. Henry Repeating Arms did name their company after the man who designed the 1860, and essentially claimed the rights to the name as it's own along with variations but other than that they have no connection to Benjamin Tyler Henry the designer of the 1860.

You won't find it without googling but Henry Repeating Arms was founded in 1997, less than 20 years ago. But it's been 20 good years and they have done very well with the Henry name, and in that 20 years they have done what they promised, I think that even though they lack any real connection to the first Henry rifle, BT Henry would of liked their work quite a lot.

Last edited: