My first "gun control" debate

Bogie

Has anyone ever noticed that when some folks are educated to a sufficient level, they cease to think in terms of real-world activity, and instead assume that theory is the way that things really work?

I think that the vast majority of folks mean well. They just have lost the ability to think for themselves.

Ron L

Do you guys have quotes about how it's a sin to not defend yourself?

Here's a recent thread that I remembered reading that will help. At least I hope it does.

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=116889&highlight=god

WO, you're kicking butt, forget about the names. You're doing a great job at making them prove your point, which is much like I argue (much to the dismay of my wife). They make the statement, you ask them to back it up and then when a feeble answer is given, yuo have a reasonable counter. You've also asked very good questions right back at them to make them think about what they're saying.

Don't forget to use statistics carefully. There are plenty to be found that the media or the "pollsters" haven't skewed in the anti direction. Just don't use too many, or the general viewpoint gets lost in the numbers.

Glad you're on our side. :D

Blackhawk

WyldOne,

Found it...! Well, sort of... Here's the link: http://www.goa-texas.org/Bible.htm Unfortunately, that site's dark right now, but I saved the page back in November.

The title is What does the Bible say about Gun Control?, and subchapters are:
  • Did Christ Teach Pacifism?
  • Self-Defense in the Old Testament
  • Trusting God
  • Role of Government
  • Self Defense in the New Testament
  • National Blessings and Cursings
  • Conclusion

Edited to add:

Looks like ojibweindian's link goes to the same document, so you're cookin'...! :D

kidcoltoutlaw

you can't beat this.it say's it all

don't call a cop to do what you don't have the nerve to do yourself.if you don't believe in guns don't call a cop he a hired gun for the cowards.the most they can do in a lot of cases is call your next of kin.this is not a flame on LEO'S.im just saying they can't be everywhere at one time,thanks,keith

Attachments

• you can\'t beat thisl.gif
    you can\'t beat thisl.gif
    4.2 KB · Views: 32