My 22 lever guns - accuracy

603Country

Yup, the ammo really matters. Still...I do think the 39A (mine) is a bit more accurate. Might because the trigger is better, which makes the accuracy a bit better. Or...maybe it's all in my head. Both rifles are great. And I'm still amazed at what they cost new these days. I only paid about $300, I think, for the 39A back in the early 80's. I paid $80 for the 9422 (used and a bit beat up) about 7 years ago (such a deal).

mk8tim

i recently fired a friends marlin tube fed lever action and was amazed at the accuracy. that little gem made me feel like a marksmen. i would love to find one but i've been told they're rare and expensive.

az_imuth

i recently fired a friends marlin tube fed lever action and was amazed at the accuracy. that little gem made me feel like a marksmen. i would love to find one but I've been told they're rare and expensive.

mk8tim, The 39A isn't rare at all. There are usually dozens listed on GB at any given time. There are some rare variations out there, but even they can be found with a little patience. As for expensive, right now prices are still high on most of the ones listed online. You might do better checking around gun/pawn shops than you would with online sales if you're really interested in getting one. My advise would be to look for an older model that doesn't have the crossbolt safety.