Mouse guns

IMTHDUKE

My fav carry is this one...just came back from range and put 25 down range just to check for firing problems....no problem.

Robar.jpg

I carry this one some....
SEECAMP-2.jpg

or this one ....
62520996561662.jpg

And I am resisting the urge to get the Sig P238:)

tenusdad

Ruger SP101 .357. Detonics Combat Master .45ACP. KelTec PF-9 9mm.

Markallen, my brother - those are all great pistols, but they ain't real "mouse guns"! Those are keep in the car guns for me. But carry one of those in speedos and you'll probably find a new girlfriend.

EdInk

I was just about to say that none of those qualify!

Also, why the heck do people bother to carry a gun with an empty chamber? It is not safer and arguably more dangerous. Do you want to be shot? Because in the time it takes to pull the slide you will have already caught a few rounds from the other guy. Get a gun with manual safety if the glock scares you.

tenusdad

Get a gun with manual safety if the glock scares you.

I agree 100% with that. I have Glocks, good pistols, but don't consider them mouse guns. I think most of us folks are better off with a double action trigger and a manual safety for CCW. For a light trigger (Glock type) auto, I don't think empty chamber is a bad idea in most situations. Anyway, being the comfort seeking armchair warrior I am, I carry a real mouse-gun most of the time with a Glock in the car (empty chamber). Hey, anybody see or used the new Kahr 9 with a manual safety? Might be another good option.

KyJim

Getting back to REAL mouse guns :

MouseGun_Group_DSCN1475.jpg

Top left, going clockwise, a Colt Mustang .380, a Sig P238 .380, a Ruger LCP .380, and a Beretta 950 in .25 acp.

tenusdad

Getting back to REAL mouse guns :

KYJim - nice - the Beretta 25 is a sweet little pocket gun. Beretta missed the boat by not bumping the 950 up to a 32acp and keeping it near the same size and weight. I always thought the Tomcat is a bit big for 32, might as well go on up to 380 or 38. They could sell a bunch.

PSP

Here's a few more...

American Arms PX22
PX22003-1.jpg

Walther TPH .25acp
tph25010.jpg

...and little brother .22lr TPH with my trusty Seecamp.
tphandseecamp.jpg

SigP6Carry

mouseguns may not get the credit they need... but wow: Bald1, PSP and 44Mag: those are some beautiful guns.

A Mouse gun can AND will do the job whenever you need. It may not take down a bear or even a man according to numbers from the FBI, but they'll still help you out in a tight situation.

I really just like these pictures... So, I suggest ya'll keep 'em coming!