Mouse guns

riggins_83

It's been years since I've had anything smaller than a sub compact Glock. Broke down and purchased a Keltec P3AT Wednesday. Let's see those mouse gun pictures!!!

asdfawer09uasdfoiasdf.jpg

wvshooter

Although I've never owned a mouse gun I gotta admit I've been tempted. What pushed you over the edge? Was it something frivolous like the novelty of a small gun or was it more serious like "this will make a great BUG."

riggins_83

It was more wanting something small if I was just running to the store or when temps are in the mid 90's as they have been here lately.

I'm carrying it with 90 grain Gold Dots, expanded to .48" @ 9.2" penetration on the gelatin tests.

Chesster

No pics in my file right now but I love my Beretta 950s in all generations, Baby Browning, Colt JR., and Seecamp .32. These tikes have their place.

PSP

My mousegun of choice is the Seecamp. As you can see, it is positively tiny when compared to the Keltec .380. I've carried a LWS32 for many years and I'm happy with it, but I'm amazed at the engineering feat accomplished by Seecamp, by somehow cramming the .380 round into the same sized pistol as my .32acp.

The good news these days is that there are many different models of reliable mouseguns from which to choose. This wasn't the case not that many years ago. Reliability is better, quality has improved and ammo evolved. :cool:

380380.jpg

pic borrowed from photobucket

Last edited:

81aggie

I wanted something that would go in my pocket during our shorts and tee shirt weather here. Really wanted (and still do) an LCP but the shortage of ammo made me hesitant so I went with the Kel-Tec P32 and have no regrets. Shoots well, easy to clean, and fits well in my back pocket in an Uncle George's wallet holster. Still gonna get that LCP someday though.

Fiv3

I've thought about a mouse gun several times. Closest thing I've got is a P-64, but being all steel it's more of a jacket pocket/glove box gun.

I thought about an LCP, but at the time, as was mentioned, ammo was in such short supply. I dunno, if someone GAVE me a Mirco Deagle I would probably gladly take it;)

Right now, the P-64 fits in a back pocket holster or I carry my G36 clipped and uncocked on my belt.

Lashlarue

P-11, 10 shots is more than I need, in fact most of the time I carry a NAA 22m. I am semi retired but do PI work from time to time, if I'm headed into a known dangerous situation i.e. assisting a bounty hunter,I'll load up everything but the kitchen sink.Then I make "The Taxi Driver" look like he's underarmed. "You talking to me"

jaughtman

You must have some large mice....

to consider a 380 a mouse gun. Haha. I always thought mouse gun went by caliber (32 and below for me) and not size of gun. Mice in Bama can get pretty large and aggresive however, I might have to step up mine to a 380 - wait, I already do have one...LOL.

J

bald1

Sig-Sauer P238 Nitron (380 ACP)
P238.jpg

Kel-Tec P11 (9mmP)
KelTec_P11.jpg

AMT 380 Backup II (380 ACP)
AMT380BackupII.jpg

Last edited:

PSP

PSP, what can you feed your Seecamp?

Over the years I've mostly used Winchester Silver Tip or Gold Dot, but I've tried just about all the HP ammo available including Fiocchi, Cor Bon and Hornady. The only readily available ammo I haven't tried is the truncated Winchester FMJ rounds that do fit the magazine. Other people say it works fine though.

tenusdad

mouse gun fan

I've been a CCW mouse gun fan for years. Yes I know I'd be better off carrying a full size pistol in 45 ACP, 50 A&E or somthing. Or better still carrying a Remington 870 with extended magazine But for most of us low risk Joe Lunchboxes a mouse gun is the perfect compromise between leaving even the G26 in the car, or having a gun on your person at all times. I've tried a lot of little guns but the ones that have given me perfect reliability, service and no issues have been the Ruger LCP (now days), Beretta 950 (25ACP) and NAA mini-revolvers (love um). I like keeping a bigger stuff in the house or car but anything much heavier than the Ruger and it winds up not being with me.

markallen

Mouseguns are not all created equal. There are mousguns, then there are MOUSEGUNS !!

Ruger SP101 .357. Detonics Combat Master .45ACP. KelTec PF-9 9mm.

detonicscomparison002.jpg
[/IMG]