Most "underrated" pistols

Which pistol do you think is most underrated?

• Glock

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • HK

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Sig

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Stock 1911

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • Custom 1911

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Smith and Wesson

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • CZ

Votes: 46 32.9%
  • Ruger

Votes: 30 21.4%
  • Beretta

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 21 15.0%

• Total voters

Selfdfenz

Meat has a great idea for a poll on most overrated guns.
How many of you have an "underdog" that "just don't get no respect?

Why is this firearm underrated?

S-

Eric Larsen

I voted for Glock....ya right! IMO, Rugers arent underrated at all.
Everyone knows they do everything right...they are just need more personality.
And yes, I voted for CZ......:D
Shoot well

Last edited:

meat

Having shot the CZ-75 and loved it, I had to vote for CZ. Plus CZ seems to have a great reputation all over the world. After all, the CZ-75 is one of the most cloned designs out there.

Good idea for a post!!! :D :D :D

dsk

Stock 1911. Half the folks who pay big $$$ for custom modifications either don't need them or have shooting skills that can't be improved no matter what! :rolleyes:

Ledbetter

Hungarian

FEG SMC-380, a Walther clone. Alloy frame, steel slide. Here's a pic of mine.

Attachments

• feg smc-380.jpg
    feg smc-380.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 113

IanS

1911's are a staple in the gun community. But too many dismiss them simply because they're the oldest design out of the usual choices. 1911's (and to a degree BHP's) have handling characteristics unlike anything else out there. Are any of the newer designs any better in terms of durability, reliability, accuracy or effectiveness? No. For that reason, I voted for the 1911 even though there is a very strong contingent for them already. And no they don't have to be those tightly fitted semi-custom versions. Just a guess, but its likely J.M. Browning would have just shrugged at that.

I have a feeling though, that CZ is the most deserving but didn't vote for it because I've never owned one. If CZ came from a "Western Bloc" nation I'm sure their prices and "awareness" for them would be much higher. One of these days a CZ-75b will be mine. Oh Yes! Mu-ha-ha!:D :cool:

CastleBravo

In general, CZs as far as bang-per-buck. Only reason I got rid of mine was to fund getting a hell of a deal on a SIG P210. The poor thing -- or any other wondernine -- didn't stand a chance.

MikeJ

Based on what I have read the CZ doesn't seem to be underrated. In fact just about everything I read about CZ's is very favorable. The guns that I really feel are highly underrated are the S&W autos. I have a 5906 circa 1990 that is fantastic. I've never had ANY malfunctions with it and every other person that has fired it thinks I had the trigger worked on but it is factory stock.

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
Most Under Rated?

1st row = (Tie) between CZ75B and Ruger semi-auto's

2nd row = Bersa Thunder .380

3rd row = (Multiple Tie) Jennings, Raven, Lorcin, Hi Point,
Clerke, Arminus, F.I.E. Titan, Bryco, RG's, etc.:D :D :D
(Laughing Real Loud)

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A, Life Member

Last edited:

PATH

Why are people always forgetting my beloved Walthers in these type of polls. Come on! Don't we rate better than being called an 'other ' choice!

Carbon_15

My vote was for other..specificly The Witness/Tangfolio line.
I have owned quite a few Witnesses over the years in various trim and caliber...from a Gold Team 9x21 to a base model steel .45. Accuracy was good enough with all examples to silence the gawking and condecending gunshop commandos and HK snobs. Reliability was a non-issue. I have heard that Witnesses can be a hit and miss proposition in that some are wonderfull and some are not quite so spectacular. I have also heard that long term durability isn't quite up to snuff. My Witnesses only managed to accumulate a few thousand rounds before being traded or sold to someone who was impressed by the groups...so I can't comment on long term durability. But I will say this...at $300 NIB, who cares if it 'only' lasts of 100,000 rounds?

CZ's and Rugers are wonderfull guns and excelent values, but I rarely hear anything but praise for them, so it would be hard to call them underrated.

IanS

MikeJ,

I suppose you're right. CZ's aren't generally underrated by those who own and shoot them. But many who aren't familiar with them generally do underestimate them due to their price point.

But lets not make this into a huge issue. In fact it would be a mistake. Its almost as if we're begging CZ to raise prices and that would be bad for all of us. Some things are better left unsaid. Shhh.:eek:

And the only S&W auto I've shot on a regular basis is their 4506 and its a great DA autoloader. The 4506 is in the same class as the Sig P220 and USP/f I feel. People have called it a "boat anchor" for reasons I can't fathom.