Most reliable pistol line?

Schuey2002

I have absolutely NO idea. Of the guns that I own/ or have owned, my Glocks have consistently been the most reliable of any of my handguns..

.. with my HK's coming in a very close second place. ;)

Dakotan

With Sig, Glock, and Beretta included, the only line of CF pistols that I've personally NEVER had any "issues" with is Ruger.

Chui

The Most Reliable Firearm Manufacturer

I'd have to wager on Heckler und Koch, Glock and then SIG.

Boats

I have never seen a Beretta duty sized pistol choke on anything. Then again, I have never seen one trying to use a crappy Checkmate magazine either.

The Glock 17 is legendary, every other Glock less so.

I'd have to say the SIGARMS line is right up there as I have never seen one of those jam either.

Any .45

I use to say kimber, but now I would say Para Ordnance or STI or Springfield armory, glocks are nice as well as Sigs, but I just don't like them. I have put around 1000 rounds through my para-ord in a two days, i purchased it this weekend went on sunday to the range went yesterday and am going today, my para p12-45 out shoots my kimber and my smith 1911's ( as far as capacity and reliability, accuracy is about the same and the barrel is 1 inch smaller I love this gun i want another. I'll stick to the 1911 families even after all the bad stuff people have said, 1911 are the true everlasting gun the same design has been around for almost a century, and it still works. I say STI because 75% of my kimbers parts are now STI, and the gun shoots alot better also since you said to leave out 1911's, but i just had to mention it. :)

FirstFreedom

This thread looks like a good old-fashioned urinating/popularity contest (which is fine I guess). I don't know the answer, but the answer will be in part on what exactly do you mean by reliability?

1. Reliability out of the box, and/or when well-maintained during the first 10,000 of use kind of thing (i.e. Best design/best inherent reliability), or
2. Reliability under adverse conditions such as under freezing temperature or with mud/sand/grit in and around the gun (because this may or may not be the same answer as to the answer to question 1).
3. Reliability under tortuous, long-term conditions, 20k, 30k, 40k, 50k, 100k +, and furthermore, during regular interval mag spring changes and other parts swaps, or straight, flat-out, no replacement torture?, or
4. Some total reliability factor based on an over composite of all 3?

The answer also may be brand X in 9, brand Y in 45, and brand Z in 40, and then a different answer for each of the 4 above. In any event, I don't think anyone has done a comprehensive, scientific, repeatable, regression-analyzed experiment on this stuff, so it's probably all speculation anyway, although I'm sure the answers you've received are roughly correct. My wild stab would be CZ, Sig, or HK, but I don't know. I will say this, however, which is a side subject, that ANY pistol in the caliber 9x19 (luger, parabellum) is going to on average, be more reliable than other chamberings, simply because the cartridge is both short and tapered. The 9x19 is the king of reliability, IMO. But with some brands, we may be talking about 1 round per 50k rounds that ftf with 40 that wouldn't with 9, etc. So it's negligible with a quality brand. However, if ultra reliability is your main goal, get ANYTHING of high quality in 9x19. That doesn't answer the question, but...

Tom2

What? Mak?!

Geez, maybe this German PM I have is the best gun in the world? Made by the dark empire? Always thought it was a fun plinker and really high quality, but thought of it as just a big 380. Maybe I will keep it! I thought the Glock 17 was about the most harshly tested pistol in the world. My Glocks never were a problem, ever. As long as you liked the trigger and the blocky handling. Quite the excellent "tool" but not sexy! Can the Sig shoot underwater? Why would spec. ops prefer Sig, unless they just don't like the GLock handling? Can you run over a Sig and still shoot it? Drop it off a skyscraper? Bet the Glock would bounce higher! Frankly I keep a revolver for a house gun, loaded. Will Always go bang unless you oil the primers. Might make an exception if trouble was expected, like a shotgun, but most shaggy burglars will respond correctly to 5 or 6 +P 38's. Had a Ruger P85 once. thought it was reliable enough, but could only group like a worn out 1911!

Erik F

Sigs definitely top my list. I have three different models, each with at least 1400 rounds through it, and overall, I've experienced 10-12 FTEs between the three of 'em.

...and each time, I was shooting terrible range reloads. NEVER a problem with factory ammo.

Dwight55

You asked, "Most Reliable Pistol Line? "
Without a doubt, posing the pertinent question being Reliability the tip of the Stetson would have to go to the Colt Python, 357 magnum revolver. There isn't anything currently in production that has the terrific track record this firearm has for function and reliability (your word).
But, . . . going further in your post I think you meant to include only autos, and excluded 1911's. I've owned a host of Rugers, . . . still have two, . . . and they are generally reliable: but only, only, only if you have the time and inclination to keep them very, very, clean. (My 1911 ain't that way).
My Brownings are excellent firearms, but as the Rugers, they are fussy about being all starched & pretty, plus I have had some issues with their not liking some of the fodder I offered them. (My 1911 ain't that way).
My brother in law had a High Point 9mm that seemed to like to fire only after you had pulled the trigger twice and had given up. It would then go off, as you were contemplating coming off target. (My 1911 ain't that way).
An LEO I know allowed me to shoot his tupperware 9mm, and I must say that it was an enjoyable experience. It did fire every time, . . . didn't put enought through it to know if it balked at dirt, . . . but it did bring back memories of my earlier years. Felt just like shooting my big black plastic Luger shaped squirt gun when I was about 12. (No, my 1911 ain't that way either).
Anyway, thanks for the post, . . . that is what makes this country great, . . . what makes a good horserace, . . . fuels the superbowl, . . . personal opinion and the freedom to express that opinion in these forums, in the economic forum, and in the political forums.
May God bless,
Dwight

Magnum88C

The only line of autoloaders I have enough rounds through (several thousand rounds in several models) to honestly say would be the Ruger. In fact, I've never gotten my P-90s to fail with any ammo (mostly commercial, reloads to date have been full-power loads). That's holding them right, sideways (both sides) upside down, limpwristing, etc, not one failure.

I haven't owned my Sig long enough, but it's gone 600 with no hiccups.

9x19

Glock.

They're made in seven different chamberings (.380, 9x19, .357Sig, .40, 10mm, .45GAP, .45ACP), and nine different sizes (28/26/27/33, 25/19/23/32, 17/22/31, 34/35, 17L/24, 29/30, 20/21, 36, 37), as 22 different models (not counting the ported versions).

And reliability is excellent across their entire line.

Jimmyp50

most reliable

Glock 9 mm's and Walther P7M8. The Walther is heavier, and more expensive I have not had a failure in either guns, ever. I have owned the glocks for 11 years, the Walther for 7 years. Jimmyp