Most reliable pistol line?

Rail Gun

Most Reliable Pistol Line?

For the sake of discussion let's exclude all 1911 models as they all tend to malfunction frequently regardless of maker... I'm curious how people rate the reliability of expensive makers to those of less expensive makers. It could be interesting... My vote goes to ruger.

PATH

Well I have to say Rugers are tack drivers. If you can't find a hammer to drive the tack take your empty Ruger by the barrel and strike with the butt of your gun. :D

All kidding aside, you really would have a hard time killing a Ruger.
IMHO!

Jody Hudson

My personal experience is that Makarov is by far the best.

However, since the question was about a LINE of guns; Glock has bested all the rest for me as a line...

Jim Watson

As a brand line of pistols, SigSauer.
A Glock 17 is very likely the most reliable single model, but I have seen other Glocks to be pretty ordinary.

juliet charley

Sig is the most reliable pistol line. The P226 is the most reliable weapon made.

Beretta (and the 92FS) are a very close second (just about tied with the Sig)

P-990

Pistol LINE? Gonna hafta say Glock, because I have no experience with anybody else's "line" of pistols, only a model here and there. And I will put in a second vote for the Makarov. It's the only semi-auto (aside from my mom's P-230) that I have NEVER seen fail to feed, fire or extract/eject. But I just attribute that to the fact neither pistol has ever been fed anything but factory ammo.

Thirties

Most reliable pistols I have are the surplus Pistolets Makarova -- Makarovs -- either Bulgarian or Russian (don't have DDR or PRC examples).

Ultra reliable!

DPSproles

Reliable LINE...

Since we are talking LINE of postol...me thinks the vote goes to GLOCK.

One of the best and most reliable GUNS I have eer seen is the Kahr, but I know that their P-series has had it's problems.

DPS