• Beretta 92 line?

Votes: 53 11.0%
  • Colt 1911 line?

Votes: 75 15.5%
  • S&W 3rd gen line?

Votes: 24 5.0%

• Total voters

kahrma

By "pistol line" I mean all guns of a certain type, for example, all the H&K USP pistols and all Golcks fall into the same "line".

My vote goes to the H&K USP line but Glock was in the running also.

I'm not saying that these guns are bad, just that they are too expensive for what they are and the performance they deliver or people just think too highly of them.

denfoote

Gotta be the 1911's!!
How a pistol that needs extensive custom work right out of the box (Unless the maker has done all the "bells and whistles" before you even see the gun, at an added cost, BTW!!!) just to function reliably continues to sell is beyond me!!
Now, don't get me wrong, I do like certain JMB designs. The BHP is waaaaayyyy superior to the 1911 in every way!! :p

Schuey2002

If,and I mean "IF",I voted for Sigs,a certain fella' with the user name starting with the letter "A" followed by the name "DAN" ,would track me down and show me the business end of his collection at a very close range. :D

Just kiddin'....;)

J.Bourne

Beretta. But there really isn't a bad one on the list (okay, maybe some bad 1911 makes)...

Last edited:

Nomadz

Most 'Overrated' :
Lets see...... never rusts..... never fails....will never break
sounds like a GL###
;)

3rd ACR

I'm with Nomadz...
Never rusts, never fails, never... uh... breaks...

I hear it can be UPGRADED though (never recalled)... :D

Kurt

Handy

Every pistol listed up there has a tendancy to work out of the box but one.

Why would I buy a Colt just to vote on how slipshod their QC has been since the '70s?

JTWard

How come every time I try to vote in one of these polls I get this message?

"The action you have attempted could not be performed as your session appears to be invalid. Click the below link to attempt this action again with a new session."

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
Att: Schuey 2002- Have No Fear!

I'm sure our most inexperienced member's have at least
heard of SIG'S or SIG-Sauer or SIGARMS. I will let
you off the "hook" this time, old buddy.:D Oh, did I tell
you I voted for the Beretta's?

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

kahrma

makdaddy03,
I was thinking about putting Kimber on the list but I wanted to keep it down to a reasonable number of options.

Marshall-1

JT Ward,

I have no idea why, I can't vote either. I get the same message. I am on AOL and Internet Explorer. Seems I have tried everything? Anyone have any helpful suggestions?

Thanks
Marshall

Boats

I am sure all of these pistol lines could be characterized as POS weaponry by the adherents of others. Let's go over the stereotypes for the newbies again:

HK USP: Are you kidding? $700-800 for plastic? Trading off their name for suckers to pay too much. One day someone will have to dremel the polymer frame to see if gold dust flakes out of it. Looks only the mother engineers could love. . . .

Glocks: So damn ugly they make HKs look sexy. You can strip the substandard parts out without tools. Factory sights made from imported Lego recycling. You can shoot one forever, or until it breaks or kabooms, which might be never or might be your next trigger pull, Gaston ain't telling. Fires without warning (even if your finger is not on the trigger:D ) Oh yeah and overpriced, but cheaper than "German engineering" because it ain't.

Sig Classic: Those rust-o-leum specials? You look at them sideways and they begin to corrode. High bore axis. The P226 was runner-up in JSAP trials. Crap service life expectancy. Oh yeah, overpriced for a gun without finish. Don't like slingshotting the slide? Too f'ing bad!

Beretta 92: C'mon! The US Armed Forces' PC POS? The tooth breaker? The politically engineered bid lowest common denominator weapon? It chokes on dustbunnies if anyone could actually grip one to fire it!

Colt 1911: How much does this pistol suck if it was replaced by an Italian POS? Not one has ever fired from an unmodified NIB state. You will spend upwards of $700 just to get a mag full of rounds downrange every other mag. Dangerous. Obsolete. How it could be the most popular combat handgun in history is unfathomable to anyone without $6000 to spend having a useable 1911A1 made.

S&W 3rd Gen: Has anyone but a cop forced to use one ever bought one? Heavy. Made with Beretta style safeties without any of the good looks of the B92. Made by Americans who recently worked for British fifth columnists and now work for spineless American gun grabber agreement non-ripper-uppers! Did I mention ugly and heavy with one of the worst auto pistol triggers ever?

Yes, each of the above can be faulted in their own way, but what all of the above are not, (THANK GOD), are Kahrs. Moonie pistols get my solid, 100% backing, as the most overrated pistol line out there. Small yes, but poorly made in many examples. Not very durable compared to more established competitors. Badly overpriced for what one gets. Kahrs are a trifecta of badly made, badly assembled, and badly supported handguns. As soon as Glock, Beretta, SIG, or HK makes a reasonably priced single stack 9mm with close to a Kahr's dimensions, the floor will be wiped with Bubba Blitz's azz. :D

dsk

I don't feel any one design in general is overrated, but the "benefits" of metal injection molded (MIM) parts sure are!