Most inexpensive handgun you own?

mikey357

Cheapest NEW handgun...well, I guess that'd have to be a Beretta 21A in .22 lr..."drive-out" was $155.00-about six or seven years ago. I've traded this gun back-and-forth with a couple of guys I work with several times...one guy's ex-wife thought it was "cute", so he just HAD to have it...I've probably made more money off that little "mousegun" than any other I've ever sold or traded!!!...mikey357

Desert Dog

Those free ones are the best!!!

I was given a Ruger SP101, .357 for Christmas this year. Definitely the "cheapest" gun I own.

glockten

My Rossi 720 at $0.00. When I worked at a gun store, Interarms(who imported Rossis)offered a free Rossi for every 30 the store bought. When my turn came around, I chose the .44.

The cheapest I paid for a new handgun was $49 for a Taurus PT-22.(A gift certificate covered the balance.)

But for a gun I bought on my own, It would be a Taurus Mdl. 431 at $200.

MellowMikey

I was given a Ruger GP-100 with a 6" barrel.
The cheapest I actually paid for was a Jennings 22lr, I shot it to pieces, paid $59 back in 1985 for it.

Mikey

MPower

My Dan Wesson 715 .357Mag. I think it was $259 New in 1993. I bought it because I was a starving college student and could not afford a S&W. I smoothed out the action and still shoot it from time to time. Very strongand accurate, but kinda looks odd among my Euro-nines and 1911s.

JoeHatley

I bought a new .25 semi-auto. Jennings, I think. Paid $60 for it. Traded it same day, even-up to a fella for a S&W model 19-3. He wanted something small and shiny. I fixed him right up...

Joe

Last decade was probably the Taurus TP-22 for something like $149.00.

The cheapest ever was probably a used Charter Arms Off Duty .38.

Sisco

A Clerke 1st .22 revolver. Paid $5 for it which turned out to be 10 times what it was worth. Presently using it as a bookend at my reloading bench.

DAL

Russian Makarov, NIB for $130 (IIRC), 6 years ago. The best bargain I have ever seen in a handgun.
DAL

plateshooter

Mine would be a Jennings 9mm. I wanted something to keep n the trunk. Now I would like to get rid of it, but I wouldn't sell it to anyone. Guess I will wait for one of the Gvt buy back programs and let them be responsible for it.

Jody Hudson

AND, two of the best guns for the money too.

Ten years ago I bought a few dozen Iver Johnson TP-22s for $70 to $80 each and sold them all for $180 each when I finally got what I was trying to get all the time; four Walther TPHs.

Of course the several Makarovs I've gotten, about 15 or twenty I guess. My first Makarov was just under $100 and if I had the income I once had, I'd be purchasing them a dozen at a time. I have the two best ever now, both EG and my brother gave me a very nice Russian one for Christmas with adjustable sights!!!! Nice brother eh? :)

IF I were into wheel guns, I'd be picking up all the .38 police revolvers that are being dumped on the market these days and even more so -- I'd be picking up all the police .357s I could afford.

Currently however, NOTHING, is anywhere near as good a bargain as the Makarov... IMO

riddleofsteel

1908 Dryse Shimmera .32 ACP traded for it with something worth about $20.00.

i found a 16 gauge single shot shotgun in the rafters of an old house i was tearing down.

i bought a Chi-Com SKS off of a junk table with a cracked stock and bent gas tube for $50.00. i replaced the tube and installed a Choate Tool Co. folding stock. latter i did a home Parkerizing job on it. it is the most accurate SKS i own.