Mossberg joins the AR world...

southernbnb

i'm new around here. In fact this is my first post but may i ask why there is so much disdain for Mossberg? I have two shotguns and a .22 rifle made by them that are phenomenal weapons. They may not be the prettiest or the flashiest but they function well and are affordable. I agree with the gentleman a few posts above me. We shouldn't pass judgement on this rifle until we see some performance reports. Because when its all said and done whether it says Mossberg, or S&W, or Bushmaster, or (insert random ultra high end custom AR builders name here) on the side of the weapon, the more firearms that are out there in the hands of responsible law abiding citizens the better off this country is. Am i wrong?

rickyrick

Wow...Mossberg must not be well liked around here

Anything That shows promise of being a good buy gets picked on here.

I have a 60 year old 22 that still shoots good.
I love their shotguns.

I dont think I will shell out 900 dollars for one though.

I would like to see the price like 629.47

Technosavant

Mossberg makes a budget gun.

Nothing wrong with that, so long as you understand what you're getting. Some Mossbergs (like the 500 shotgun) are time honored and well proven. Some others (Plinkster) are ok, but not up there with the leaders in the category.

I expect this one to be just fine, but fit and finish on the handguard is likely to be so-so (since high quality free-float handguards run $200-350ish), and the rifle itself to be serviceable but not quite up to the standards of some other rifles that come with more expensive prices... You don't see complete BCM, Colt, LMT, Noveske, Daniel Defense, and Spike's Elite rifles running $1100+ because they pay the janitor extremely well. That's just what it costs to use high quality metals, perform exacting quality control inspections, and the like.

A budget gun isn't a bad thing and will likely serve most people perfectly well, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's a superior product. It doesn't mean it's junk, either. It is what it is, and that's all it is.

I'm not sure why pointing out something is going to be built to a budget price is seen as trashing the product. It's calling a spade a spade.

southernbnb

i wouldnt for a second expect any company to sell high end product for anything less than high end price. quality costs. i just got the impression from this thread that people here had something against mossberg in general. like i said im new so i may just be interpreting things wrong.

oneounceload

Mossberg makes one of the best jack handle of all trades shotguns out there - it will be interesting to see how the AR works out. Again, WHO is building it? Turkey? or?????????????

45Gunner

I've had a Mossberg 500 for probably 15 years now and never had the first problem with it. I'm very pleased and as a result, when I was looking for a fun rifle to shoot inexpensively with, I found a Mossberg Tactical .22. Looks like an AR but is mostly molded plastic and it does shoot very nicely for a .22 rifle with a 25 round magazine.

Jim243

Took them long enough. They must have been waiting it out to see if it was a passing fade or not.

Ya, right, just a passing fad (LOL)

Alexander Arms www.alexander arms.com
Armalite www.armalite.com
Bushmaster www.bushmaster.com
CMMG www.cmmginc.com
Colt www.colt.com
Daniel Defense www.danieldefense.com
Del-Ton http://www.del-ton.com
DPMS www.dpmsinc.com
DSA www.dsarms.com
Double Star http://star15.com/basic_rifles.html
LaRue www.laruetatical.homestead.com
Les Baer www.lesbaer.com
Lewis Machine & Tools www.lewis-machine.net
LWRCI www.lwrci.com
Mossberg www.mossberg.com
Noveske www.noveskerifleworks.com
Olympic Arms www.olyarms.com
Para USA www.paraord.com
Patriot Ordnance www.pof-usa.com
Rock River Arms www.rockriverarms.com
Remington www.remington.com
Ruger www.ruger.com
Sabre Defence www.sabredefence.com
Smith & Wesson www.smith-wesson.com
Stag Arms www.stagarms.com

Jim

Palmetto-Pride

Way to go Mossberg......I would buy one for under $500.00, but any more than that and I would add a little more $$$ and get somthing like a S&W or a Stag.

I would like a 6.8 SPC maybe they will make one.....:)

mossberg ar...

I've been window shopping for a good price decent build ar for quite some time. After looking at countless websites for what I want most are coming out around 1100. That being said I have a mossberg .270 that outta the box was dead on bullseye at 300 yards. If its a quality build and if the price is right I may check it out.

saddlerocker

it will compete with the S&W M&P15 SPORT, and id take the S&W all day long.

You can have a quality rifle for $850-$950 (BCM/PSA/ect...). A no brainer to spend the extra $200 imo

If you shoot less than 500 rounds a year itll probably be OK, but again the S&W would be my choice in this pricerange

psycho nut

Throw it on the pile....

I've never been a fan of Mossberg shotguns and I really can't see this thing being very different.