Mosin Arcangel stock

tobnpr

One guy's review (not mine), email sent to me:
Interesting observation on the adj. cheekrest, had not heard about an issue with that before. Mag problem might (?) be the one PM is addressing already.

I messed with the new archangel pro-mag stock... and am sorely disappointed!! I had high hopes for it, and was going to get one... but now I'm definitely not. My buddy even sent back his the next day. Then forend is about as flexible as the ATI stock, and thin... you couldn't even hope to open it up for a heavy barrel. It free floats a military contour barrel, unless you through it on a bipod, then the weight of the barrel is enough to flex it and touch the forend. it looks like the rear action screw just threads into a deep nut thats just sitting in the stock.... it wasn't deep enough on my buddies rifle to snug the rear of the receiver down, and the insert itself started walking out of the stock with just the little bit of finger ******* we did with it. The mag is a joke, the mag spring is weak enough that the 1st and 2nd rounds don't come up reliably, and when the magazine is out of the weapon, it takes a light tap and rounds will pop out. The cheekpiece doesn't come up enough to utilize an RSI base, and the 'storage' in the grip could fit maybe 1 AA battery, and it's too short for a 7.62x54R round.