Mosin Arcangel stock

Skarekrow88

I don't think they are in stock anywhere except for Promag's website as of right now and I don't now if they have fulfilled all of their pre-orders yet or not so i doubt too many people have them yet. Anyhow, I have a 91/30 but the wood is in such good shape (hasn't been refinished either) for a surplus that I don't believe i'll be discarding it. Might buy a cheap junker to throw in one of these stocks if they turn out to be a good product. My buddy has a Type 53 with absolutely crap-tastic furniture that he had bed-liner'd, which was a huge improvement, but he really wants one of these stocks now. It looks like they covered their bases in developing these, only time will tell for certain though.

Edit: Didn't realize this post was 4 months old before I submitted it. Hope this still helps someone anyway.

Boomer58cal

Thanks for the reply. The vid is a few months old but I posted it yesterday. I have a chance to buy a mosin for cheap but the stock is past it's prime. I Googled mosin stocks and found the Arcangel. Well if they've been on back order that would explain why I haven't found a reveiw for it yet.

Thanks again. I'll keep looking and report back what I find.

Boomer

Skarekrow88

Oh my bad, I looked at your join date and thought it was the post date. In my defense it was really early in the morning when I replied lol. Please do let us know if you find anything on them. I would definitely like to know more about them before shilling out $200 on one.

Boomer58cal

Well... I may just play guinea pig. I really like the 10 rd mags and adjustabillity of the stock. My lady shoots too so most of my guns have 6 position stocks. I'm 6'4" 280lbs and she's 5'0" 110 lbs(4'11 1/2" but we tell her she's 5").

Boomer

Boomer58cal

Thanks for the reply.

After reading the link I think I may give them some time to work out the teething and supply issues.

Boomer

tobnpr

Here's the elephant in the room with the Archangel that no one talks about...
They did away with the bottom metal (obviously), so the action screw- from the top- screws down into a threaded steel pillar.

A steel pillar with blind threads. Really poor design, IMO.

I've seen one report online from someone where this was already rusted- and they couldn't thread the action screw in.

Get that rifle is out in the rain or snow, and water and moisture gets down into the action and fills that pillar like a Dixie cup... There's no way to get the water out...and after a while, the action screw will rust out or freeze in place as well.

I like the work they did on designing a mag-fed stock, but this design flaw will result in a lot of unhappy customers down the road.

Duzell

some news, they are making alternative colors soon in tan & olive green

may also make camo or alternative colored magazines

Skarekrow88

some news, they are making alternative colors soon in tan & olive green

Definitely waiting on that OD Green to come out. Maybe by then they'll have all these kinks worked out. Anyone know where I can get a 91/30 Action only to put in one of these?

tobnpr

So 225 degrees is hot enough to soften the polymer?
Wonder what that black plastic would get to in the Florida sun in July...

Boomer58cal

Yes some polymers will get soft and can deform if left on the back seat of your car under the window in 120+ degree weather. Not likely but it can happen.

Boomer

Skarekrow88

Yes some polymers will get soft and can deform if left on the back seat of your car under the window in 120+ degree weather. Not likely but it can happen.

Very true, but you shouldn't be leaving firearms in the car in hot, cold, or any weather for that matter.

Skarekrow88

I ordered the stock about 9-10 days ago for a friend who is out of town for an extended time and it still hasn't shipped yet...:confused:

Duzell

NEW info regarding promag/archangel

apparently they are based in Colorado

they have been fighting with the state on some gun laws, and recently the state made a few new laws which outlaw promag industries products. promag/archangel is currently moving to texas and will begin re-distribution of products near the end of the summer.