Money pit rifles

Skarekrow88

My Arsenal SGL-20 has been a money landfill.

Warsaw length stock it came with was too short so I bought a Tapco side-folder. I came to my senses and have a NATO length fixed stock on the way.

Pistol grip it came with was too thin so I bought a Tapco SAW style grip. I came to my senses and have a Hogue pistol grip on the way.

Wanted to be able to mount a light and VFG so I bought the Midwest Industries quad rail hand guard and a UTG weapon light. Ended up not liking it because it was heavy and clamped on the the barrel. Then bought a Tapco quad rail hand guard and Tapco short VFG. I came to my senses and now have a Hogue hand guard on the way.

Wanted to mount some optics so I bought a UTG side mount and an EOTech XPS 2-0 with a UTG 3x Magnifier. Found out the hard way that this setup is not ideal for an AK platform. Ended up with a 4x24 POSP with 400m rangefinder from Kalinka Optics (love it)

My particular rifle only came with a muzzle nut and I wanted to put on a compensator. Went through 2 K-Var comps that would hang up halfway onto the threads and finally ended up with the Krebs Custom compensator and it went on fine.

Bought a Promag 20rd magazine that wouldn't work right, and a Polymagg 40rd magazine that wobbled like crazy.

I've also bought a Tapco G2 trigger, Tapco retaining plate, countless Tapco mags, Tapco sling, Solar Tactical MFER, EMA Tactical AK mag release, Krebs Custom Mark VI safety, 30 and 40 round Circle 10 mags, Korean, Romanian and Promag 75rd drums, Bulgarian bayonet, Russian cleaning kit. All of which I still use up to this point.

Thinking about getting the Krebs Custom aperture sight and a Surefire Scout light soon and that will hopefully be the end of it

Anyway, I have dumped a whole lot of money into customizing this rifle but mostly ended up with a box full of parts. I only have myself to blame though.

Glockstar .40

Only upgrades on my Daniel Defense is an Aimpoint PRO, Troy rear dioptic flip up battlesight, magpul sling, fenix pd 32 light held on by a vtac light mount and a VFG. was thinking about adding a viridian laser at some point but thats about it.

WildBill45

My money pit is buying more rifles and less add-ons for each. This way I have more diversity and clubs in my golf bag! You don't putt with a driver, nor do you shoot moving bad guys at 300 yards with a shotgun! A guy needs a gun for all occasions!!! :D

"From a tactical standpoint, a light on a rifle merely informs a Bad Guy of one's location."
I agree, but it always seems no one else does.

I think people who accessories as such have never hiked 15 miles in a day with a pack and equipment. Currently, I don't even have optics or even WANT optics on any of my rifles. As my vision continues to degrade that changes though. I can remember when my vision was 20/10 and it was AMAZING.

I have thought about laser grips on a pistol before.

madmo44mag

You can hang anything you want on your rifle its your gun but what always makes me chuckle is when they complain about how barrel heavy the gun is.:cool:

Herr Walther

I've had several AR's in the past that just had what they were made with.

On another I mounted a scope and a cheekpiece.

My StG.58 has a bipod and a sling. The bipod only because Steyr thought it needed one.

I don't like to pimp out my rifles.

KMAX

It's why I call ARs "hotrod guns". There is always something to do or add to them. If you like that stuff it is cool. Whatever floats your boat. It is also why I haven't bought an AR yet.