Model 97 Winchester.

44 AMP

Staff
I would say that no gun should be "slamfired" as a normal matter of use. The fact that some guns CAN do this does NOT mean that you SHOULD do it!

Emergencies (like close range combat) are another matter. And, generally in those situations, its not your gun, anyway, so, if its hard on the gun, who cares? Even if it is your gun, when its "abuse the gun" or die", then to me its a no brainer. ;)

With a 97 or a model 12 in proper spec, the gun locks up a fraction of a second before it fires when slammed shut with the trigger held back.

HOWEVER, considering the age, and possible wear in the guns that will slamfire, you could run into a situation where the tolerances are worn to the point where the gun fires before being solidly locked shut. If this does happen, odds are high that is the last shot you get for some time.

So, outside of a life or death situation, you shouldn't do it. I'd say that if the tiny sliver of time needed to pull the trigger is what sends you to meet your maker, then, buddy, it was your time, and nothing would have changed that.
:D

Kilrain

Bushmaster1313 said:
Remington 31 is also slam fire.

My 1942(by serial number) Remington Model 31 Riot shotgun, marked K(ansas)CPD definitely will not slam fire. Maybe earlier production models differed?

Edited because I shouldn't say it does or doesn't contain a part called a disconnector since I've not looked a schematic/parts list.

Last edited: