MMM, Lies and Videotape : It's done! Get your copy here!

braindead0

You may have to set Nero to burn a raw image, 2352byte blocks.

Note that a VCD doesn't just play on a PC, there is a directory no the CD (I forget exactly what) that contains several large .DAT files, these are the actual MPEG1 videos. I could have made one that would auto play (display an index in a webpage or some such) but that wouldn't play on a DVD player.

BeCoole

Great video, braindead! I want to send that to my reps! I couldn't get throught to Mitch's by clicking on the link on your site. It was password protected. Guess I should have read this thread a little closer for the password.

stellarpod

I'm impressed! Lots of great footage.

Perhaps my equipment is antiquated, but I had to change the .dat files to .mpg extensions to get them to play. A bit cumbersome IMO.

One other concern (and I'll probably catch some heat for this...): The final clip that shows the firing range sequence portrays images - shooting a doll's head - that I believe is detrimental to our cause. Whether we like it or not this battle pivots on imagery. You've used that to great effect elsewhere in these clips. I believe the doll's head shots could be taken out of context and used against us somewhere down the road. Like most of us, I love to shoot at targets that react when you hit them. But to use a plastic baby's head is over the line in my opinion.

Flame away gentlemen...

braindead0

One other concern (and I'll probably catch some heat for this...): The final clip that shows the firing range sequence portrays images - shooting a doll's head - that I believe is detrimental to our cause. Whether we like it or not this battle pivots on imagery.
So true, that particular vid was only intended for the pro audience. It was fun stuff.

If anybody wants to send the MLV video out to press, reps or what have you. The best bet is to copy it to a VHS tape. For a variety of reasons, many people will not toss a CD into their computer (or anything) but a VHS tape is as safe as it can get.

If I send this to MMM, that's what I'll do.

Glad everybody liked it! I wish I had a couple of T1 lines here to serve this stuff up better..but I make do with what I have.

Heck, my video camera is 10yrs old at least... Gotta upgrade that soon.

braindead0

I think the ftp situation is a bit confusing for some on Mitch's system. Many browsers will prompt for a password, simply press enter as none I needed. I tried to 'force' the issue by specifying "anonymous" as the password in the link, but for some reason it seems many browsers simply ignore it.

Note regarding DVD compatability: Got my first report that of an incompatable DVD player from stellarpod. This is the first time I've ever heard of a DVD player that will not play VideoCD's. If you're DVD player can't hack it, plop the cd in your computer, browse over to the MPEGAV directory and either copy them to your HD and change the extension to .mpg (or possibly right-click and open-with media player) you should have no trouble playing them on your computer.

braindead0

ALERT!

I lost many gigs of data on a partition today (thanks windoze), long story short.. if you requested a copy and I haven't confirmed that it's shipped... you'll need to resend your mailing information.

Sorry...

braindead0

Finally got around to finding missing stuff, good thing I hardly ever clean out my sent items folder! I'm sure I responded to everyone who sent a request (either it's on the way or how long it'll be).

So I think I've got everything under control now ;-)

braindead0

Snail Mail CD shipment is complete
Turns out I was able to handle all the requests, anybody that offered to burn and ship 2 copies is off the hook!:D

Thanks everybody for making this production work..and getting it out there.

I love it when a plan comes together!